Have Electric Cars finally killed muscle cars???

Its funny how nowadays, the minorty is accepted as the deciding factor instead of the majority..... democracy is surely dead.

I'd have absolutely no problem taking a Monte Carlo SS right into one of the EV swap companies on the West Coast and letting them put a tesla drivetrain in it.

Reactions: L92 OLDS
The very first cars were powered by steam. I don't know of any groups that are lamenting the demise of steam powered vehicles. Then some tried electric cars. They worked quite well but battery technology was woefully lacking. Then came the internal combustion engine but fuel was a problem. Some ran on kerosene or alcohol. Gasoline came much later. Thanks to the petroleum industry it made gasoline easily available and became commonplace. Electric golf carts have been around forever. Short term use only because batteries were the limiting factor again. The way I see it, electric cars have always been lurking in the background. The battery technology has finally caught up to the point where cars can go 400 miles on a charge. One day the batteries will be even better, last longer, and charging stations will be as commonplace as gas stations are now. That is going to take time but one day our cars will be museum pieces. So you will be scooting off to work in your state-of-the-art EV but on weekends you will be firing up your gas powered dinosaur to thrill the neighborhood kids. I don't see the problem.
The 400 miles on a charge is one thing. Go that 400 miles and now you'll be parking that thing for a day or so just so you can go another 400 miles. Until quick charging is the standard, EV's will have a huge hurdle. If they can solve that, maybe more people will sign on. Who knows? Time will tell.

And you're assuming "if" you're allowed to fire up the gas powered dinosaur. It's evolution, but again, I still think that the people declaring that everything will be electric by 2030 or whatever is just someone's dream. All the people making these decisions can or may be gone by that time, so extensions or cancellations are always possible as well. Nothing is in stone until it is. The people making these goals don't have a plan or path forward on the infrastructure development to even make all that happen anyway. I haven't seen it. Like you can just state that this will happen, but if there's not enough charging facilities, what you gonna do then?

Lofty goals are fine, but I just don't see a mass acceptance of EVs at the moment from the public. Hopefully I'm dead before I see all that. I personally don't gaf about EVs. They're not exciting, and they haven't shown me the reliability factor yet. It must be a primary mode of transportation to be viable, not a rich man's toy (second or third car, etc.).

The very first cars were powered by steam. I don't know of any groups that are lamenting the demise of steam powered vehicles. Then some tried electric cars. They worked quite well but battery technology was woefully lacking. Then came the internal combustion engine but fuel was a problem. Some ran on kerosene or alcohol. Gasoline came much later. Thanks to the petroleum industry it made gasoline easily available and became commonplace. Electric golf carts have been around forever. Short term use only because batteries were the limiting factor again. The way I see it, electric cars have always been lurking in the background. The battery technology has finally caught up to the point where cars can go 400 miles on a charge. One day the batteries will be even better, last longer, and charging stations will be as commonplace as gas stations are now. That is going to take time but one day our cars will be museum pieces. So you will be scooting off to work in your state-of-the-art EV but on weekends you will be firing up your gas powered dinosaur to thrill the neighborhood kids. I don't see the problem.
Very true. Goes along with every SciFi reader’s knowledge. They have been writing about them for close to 100 years. Along with “cell phones” ,laser’s, flying cars, reusable space ship’s, and numerous other items. It’s only time. And don’t forget Rush sang “Red Barchetta”

The 400 miles on a charge is one thing. Go that 400 miles and now you'll be parking that thing for a day or so just so you can go another 400 miles. Until quick charging is the standard, EV's will have a huge hurdle. If they can solve that, maybe more people will sign on. Who knows? Time will tell.

And you're assuming "if" you're allowed to fire up the gas powered dinosaur. It's evolution, but again, I still think that the people declaring that everything will be electric by 2030 or whatever is just someone's dream. All the people making these decisions can or may be gone by that time, so extensions or cancellations are always possible as well. Nothing is in stone until it is. The people making these goals don't have a plan or path forward on the infrastructure development to even make all that happen anyway. I haven't seen it. Like you can just state that this will happen, but if there's not enough charging facilities, what you gonna do then?

Lofty goals are fine, but I just don't see a mass acceptance of EVs at the moment from the public. Hopefully I'm dead before I see all that. I personally don't gaf about EVs. They're not exciting, and they haven't shown me the reliability factor yet. It must be a primary mode of transportation to be viable, not a rich man's toy (second or third car, etc.).
Not to mention mass high speed electric transit trains (200+ mph) across the nation. Dreams are there, the money is lacking.

The shift you're talking about was determined by the market, not someone's half baked dream getting shoved up everyone's @$s.

Once was a free market, thats until politics and polititions entered the picture.... now the EVs are getting shoved up everyones arse by trying to kill off gasoline/diesel powered engines with this global warming farce!

• Agree
Reactions: 08Malibu and Ugly1
Once was a free market, thats until politics and polititions entered the picture.... now the EVs are getting shoved up everyones arse by trying to kill off gasoline/diesel powered engines with this global warming farce!
just another quick reminder about the rules here. politics enters the picture here, I shut it down.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor