ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
I found the plugs easy to R&R with my straight plug LT1 heads.
Tightening the rear header flange bolts was a little challenging but they usually are on anything.

SS Elco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2017
Ive got a small block with "factory" iron heads and long tube Hedman headers in my 80 Elco. Fit with 0 clearence issues. I bought the cheap uncoated headers then had a friend of a friend ceramic coat them. Spent a total of about $300. What brand aluminum heads are you using?
Ive got a small block with "factory" iron heads and long tube Hedman headers in my 80 Elco. Fit with 0 clearence issues. I bought the cheap uncoated headers then had a friend of a friend ceramic coat them. Spent a total of about $300. What brand aluminum heads are you using?
they are a no-name brand from a seller on eBay. They're the fast burn type heads with square exhaust ports. Ports are all in the standard location.

SS Elco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2017
I have an 85 El Camino with aftermarket aluminum heads. I installed SS shorty headers that have clearance issues with the frame on the driver side and upper control arm on pass side. I'm thinking about trying SS block hugger headers but so far everything I've found is for angle plug heads. Does anyone know if angle plug headers will fit on straight plug heads? I'm also open to suggestions.
Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions and comments. I'm pleased to announce the header fitment issue has been solved. I got a set of Hedman # 68600 and they fit perfectly. I had to lift the motor up to get the old passenger side header off and while it was up install the new one but was able to install the driver side with it sitting down on the mounts. I think the passenger side could also be installed without lifting the motor up.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor