Headers on 403, 86 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Guess she wants a nice rumble/growly sound. Unknown rusty Headers and look like they've been patched up a few times. performer rpm cam. No cats. Looks like 2.5" pipe. Can't see a name on the mufflers. The current rims are decent. Just kinda pitted/aged. I like the torque thrusts look
Headers are long style too. Looks like someone flattened them out a bit to make them fit

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Maybe you guys are right. Probly just jumping the gun and getting excited to have my car ready for shows. Definatley not a perfect looking car(some paint chips). Figured new rims/exhaust would make the car more appealing. But maybe i should Be happy with what I have and invest $ into something else

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Fix the exhaust first if it is rough. Get the Hedman full length headers, add a X pipe and Aerochamber mufflers in 2.5" with exits behind the wheel. Then add a 750 cfm carb of choice, unless you don't like going fast and add new wheels and tires.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I'm interested. Are they shorties or long tube?

Hi Rudy, They are long tube, ceramic coated. You probably already know that short tube headers are not much better than the factory manifolds. These were designed specifically for a G body with Oldsmobile small block so no dents or massaging required to fit.
I'll be able to send you some pics next week.

Reactions: 1 user

Rudy T

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hi Rudy, They are long tube, ceramic coated. You probably already know that short tube headers are not much better than the factory manifolds. These were designed specifically for a G body with Oldsmobile small block so no dents or massaging required to fit.
Hello Anubis, Thanks for the information about the headers. I was thinking that they would fit a sbc 400.

Rudy T

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2016
Dallas, TX
What would make you think that given the thread title "headers on 403 86 cutlass"?
What would make you think that given the thread title "headers on 403 86 cutlass"?
Just wasn't thinking at the time, my bad. I'm trying to finish up on my 87 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme with a 408 sbc. I'm sure someone will take them off of his hand. Does anyone have a 2 1/2" bolt on cowl hood for sale for an 87 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme?

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I might be interested, depending on $$. PM the details, please.

Oldcoyote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2019
I also have a G Body 88 Cutlass with a 403. I once had Hooker Super Comps full length which fit with the 455 starter. I now have manifolds and duals but wish to go back to full length headers. I can't locate Hooker Super Comps and ARH stainless are very expensive, When this thread started, back in March, Hedman full length were recommended. Their black ceramic coated are $526 at Summit. Still my best bet?

Thanks

Attachments

• P1010629.JPG
    P1010629.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor