Headlamp on warning chime/key in ignition buzzer

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Many moons ago, I actually hit a u-pull-it and pulled a bunch of chimes from different GM vehicles, and found something a bit more pleasant, haha. Good luck with your fix.

Reactions: 1 users

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought a box months ago on eBay but didn't end up using it. I paid $30 for it and if you want it I'd sell it for that, because I fixed mine & don't need it. It was listed as NOS but I don't know if it works or not because I never put it in. I'd assume it does but can't say for sure.

My original one was quiet like yours and I replaced the foam. It was fairly easy to do and was nice & loud afterwards. I have more foam and I'd send you a piece no charge if you want it... I'll just stick it in an envelope.

I'll also mention - these can be a bit of a pain to get out because it's hard to get to the locking tab. I made a little plastic tool to disengage the tab and it worked well. I can show you that if I can find it, or maybe even make you one.

Message me if you're interested in any of this!

1701269011973.png

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
I hate mine and want to remove it but I'm not too sure where it is and what it looks like. Does mine look like the above blue one? I can hear behind the gauge panel area. Can I just unplug it? And if so, you can have it if a 79 Malibu one will work.
That's a tough question. There are a few different styles. On the GP, it's right behind the headlamp switch. But I have read a few other articles here that the different models have it in different places. One of them being next to the radio on certain models. Thanks for the offer but I think it isn't compatible with my GP and I've decided to fix it according to Elcam's provided link. Looks easy enough to do. Hardest part will be finding a foam sheet that's about 1/5th of an inch. Thanks anyway.

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
I bought a box months ago on eBay but didn't end up using it. I paid $30 for it and if you want it I'd sell it for that, because I fixed mine & don't need it. It was listed as NOS but I don't know if it works or not because I never put it in. I'd assume it does but can't say for sure.

My original one was quiet like yours and I replaced the foam. It was fairly easy to do and was nice & loud afterwards. I have more foam and I'd send you a piece no charge if you want it... I'll just stick it in an envelope.

I'll also mention - these can be a bit of a pain to get out because it's hard to get to the locking tab. I made a little plastic tool to disengage the tab and it worked well. I can show you that if I can find it, or maybe even make you one.

Message me if you're interested in any of this!

View attachment 231602
Thanks for the offer. I accept. Tell me what you need and I think we should take this private so I don't expose my personal info. OK?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
79 Malibu would look like this. It is 4 pin and electro mechanical so completely different than the later 7 and 8 pin unit that has the seat belt and key minder and if equipped the headlight on minder in one unit.
IMG_20221127_201141.jpg

It is plugged into a black socket that is about 2"X21/2" with the horn relay (white cube) and the key in minder (2 Pin). Should be mounted right next to the fuse box.
IMG_20221127_207.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor