headlight dinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandprix2+2

Apprentice
Jun 13, 2007
Hey guys, I've got the grandprix driving like a champ with the new motor. I only have one pet peeve with the car now, the headlight warning dinger goes off if you have the dash lights on with your headlights. The alarm will go off if I turn off my dash lights. My question has 2 parts; does anyone know what could be causing this problem? Car started doing it when friend replaced intake a year ago. Car since has new motor so i dunno if its just a wire crossed or.....? Or if I'm alone in the dark where is the location of the headlight dinger so I can yank it out?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It should be a large red or black box located under the dash on the driver's side. Mine started going off when it felt like it too, so I removed it back in 1993. Thus, I don't recall the exact location. If I come across it, I will try to post a picture of it. Oh, and it is held in place by a little plastic loop on the harness side of the connector that hooks around a little bump on the housing. You can just pry the loop back and it will unplug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor