Headlight Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
Hello everyone I have a 81 monte carlo I am trying to replace my low beam head lights. I purchased the new lights from autozone and I noticed that it is just a head light and I dont see no kind of mounting holes or anything that holds the headlight to the bumper. Will I have to remove something from my orignal head lights like a mounting plate or something...I need help

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
to remove the headlight you have to remove the bezel. heres a pic:
l.jpg

in the pic the red hands point to the adjustment screw holes and the blue hands point to the bezel mounting screws. remove the philip head screws the blue hands are pointing at and take the bezel off. under the bezel is some more screws to take off the headlight. dont mess with the adjustment screws. under the hood you can get to the back of the headlight to remove the wiring harnis. then to put the new one in reverse the steps. hope this helps.

Mathematic

Greasemonkey
Aug 19, 2009
beermonkey9417 said:
to remove the headlight you have to remove the bezel. heres a pic:
l.jpg

in the pic the red hands point to the adjustment screw holes and the blue hands point to the bezel mounting screws. remove the philip head screws the blue hands are pointing at and take the bezel off. under the bezel is some more screws to take off the headlight. dont mess with the adjustment screws. under the hood you can get to the back of the headlight to remove the wiring harnis. then to put the new one in reverse the steps. hope this helps.
Great info...we need more members like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor