Headlights not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuuCeD82ReGaL

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2008
Marietta Ga
Ok I was hopping my car last night and the battery happened to flip over but the car didnt cut off just the lights. Flipped it back over but noticed I have brake lights and hazards turn signals but no head lights and driving lights also cluster lights anymore. So I thought I maybe pulled the ground wire somehow under the hood or blown fuse. Checked everything and seem to be ok. I looked in the haynes manual it said theres a circuit breaker in the fuse box and if something is interrupted with light system the breaker has to be removed to be reset??? so im comparing and I dont even see it in place anywhere on my fuse box. There should actually be two for another component. Anyway any suggestions? Just one of the many issues with my baby. Tilt column is ****ed. I have 3 small bearings on the floorboard lol and it has rediculous play in every direction at tilt. Also my flywheeel is still ****ed and knocking away! :x :roll:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Digging up this old post because I learned something in the wiring mess on my car today.

The brake/hazards/turns are on the same circuit everyone already knew. The head light power wire runs through the circuit breaker/headlight switch and hot wire runs to the fuse in the fuse box that says "tail". The parking/headlights/tails are all on the same circuit and are fused, besides fusible links. If this is common info then okay, but most people and books say there is no headlight fuse, there is just in the whole circuit... meaning if your tail/parking lights go out your headlights still could be on. But if the headlights go out you may check the "tail" fuse and of course the breaker/fusible links.

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
custom442 said:
Digging up this old post because I learned something in the wiring mess on my car today.

The brake/hazards/turns are on the same circuit everyone already knew. The head light power wire runs through the circuit breaker/headlight switch and hot wire runs to the fuse in the fuse box that says "tail". The parking/headlights/tails are all on the same circuit and are fused, besides fusible links. If this is common info then okay, but most people and books say there is no headlight fuse, there is just in the whole circuit... meaning if your tail/parking lights go out your headlights still could be on. But if the headlights go out you may check the "tail" fuse and of course the breaker/fusible links.

Can you tell me where any fusable links are, that would cause the same problem that JuuCeD82ReGaL mentioned in his initial post? After a day at the racetrack, my 84 hurst has the exact same symptoms, no headlights, markers, or tails. I just double checked the "TAIL" fuse, and it is good, as are the rest of the fuses in the fuse block. I was told the headlight circuit-breaker/relay was IN the headlight switch, and maybe it was bad, replaced with no change. I even tried jumping power from the 2 energized pins to any of the others but not a darn thing! not even a little baby sparkle! :wtf: :blam: But, if there is a blown relay/fuse/fusable-link up in the dash somewhere, there shouln't be any power getting to the switch right? I have power to 2 tabs in the dash, and have verified continuity through the switch for both buttons, so its working(I assume). Do you have any idea about this problem? Any help will be appreciated!

JuuCeD82ReGaL

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2008
Marietta Ga
I know its been forever that I been on here. Seen ur post and the culprit was the fusable link which is located at the starter if u havn't found it already. if blown it should feel soft when u squeeze it(wire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor