headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
0610_lrmp_02_z+cutlass+front_view.jpg

okay what all has to be done to get my headlights to look like this......

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
First, measure the total width of the outside edges of the hi and lo beams including center bar. Then measure the height of one headlamp, since all 4 are the same size.

This information will help narrow down what car to get the composite headlight shells and mounts from.

(Looks like the pic has a set from a '87-'91 Buick LeSabre or '87-'88 Cutlass G-body units) Be sure to get all mounting brackets, and adjustment parts!!

Then carefully cut the center bar out of the headlight trim.

From there, you'll need to remove the headlight buckets and mounts from the core support. Install the new headlights and brackets where the old buckets were.

Keep in mind you may have to use longer bolts and spacers or washers to make the lenses line up and make it look right. So measure plenty of times to minimize trips to the hardware store.

Finally, install a conversion wiring harness to adapt the old wiring to the new halogen bulbs. DO NOT splice the donor car plugs onto the old harness. Halogen bulbs draw a ton of current and will melt wiring and your headlight switch!!

APC has good harnesses with relays built in to help keep the wiring from overloading.

Good luck with it. I'm sure others on here will have similar and different ideas.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
didnt some cutlasses come with front clips like that? called the euro front end or something to that effect

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
yeah the 87 and 88's did but that's an older one that someone put composites in. I have pic's of my 87 I had in my album

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
I like the look of my headlight style and I don't mind the modified look either, but the Euro style really makes a Cutlass look gay if you ask me. Takes away all the muscle look to it and makes it look like a granny car...

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
pontiacman469 said:
Err what are u saying?Euros are gay??? :shock:
Technically, yes. :D

It's just my opinion though. I know a lot of people like them, especially like to sell them for a bunch of $$$, but I personally don't like the look of the small grilles and single headlights on a Cutlass.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
ummm, just in case you didn't notice the picture in the begining of this thread it isn't that front end just like yours? Hummm big grills right? And while were talking about gay....hows that V6 doin???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats just my opinion

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
hey midwest, he just gave an opinon, let it be. dont be hatin on v6's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor