Heater/a/c boxes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I have a 79 El Camino, with a/c. Yesterday I took the top of the box off . And of course being almost 40 years old it broke in 2 places. Are there any other Gbody cars that had the same box? I've read alot of threads on here where some of you have completely deleted your systems. Would anyone have a good one for sale?
Part II This came about because I want to change my heater core and a/c evaporator, of which I've been checking for days and can't find ones that are EXACT MATCHES. My heater core is copper and brass .All that seems to be available are alum. which I've read are junk, or they're not the exact same size.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I'm pretty sure all the heater boxes are the same. I'm sure someone will chime in if im wrong. as far as the heater core, I've been running an aluminum one for years with no issues. Fitment was fine. As with anything else, get a quality part.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I have a box top on ebay right now, do a search for user name allpartsplus
No problems with the aluminum heater cores, some of the tanks don't have the V notch to hold the mounting bracket/ground strap, last one I used was from 4seasons and it had the notch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
The boxes are all the same. Ductworkis different between makes

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I have a box top on ebay right now, do a search for user name allpartsplus
No problems with the aluminum heater cores, some of the tanks don't have the V notch to hold the mounting bracket/ground strap, last one I used was from 4seasons and it had the notch.
I just checked Ebay for heater boxes. Didn't see yours. The ones on there aren't the same as mine.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I need the interior box for mine. The doors don't operate and I have replaced the rotary switch, checked vacuum and such. Now it is to the point that I have to remove the dash and I want an extra one in case I need a part. probably something fell in the duct and it is jammed. Vacuum motors all hold vacuum. Anybody have one?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a Spectre Premium aluminum heater core for my Regal waiting to be installed with my new Four Seasons evaporator core.
20180704_103946-1.jpg

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
A lot of heater cores have a ground wire to prevent electrolysis so make sure it is there. A lot of after market cores do not have an allowance for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor