Heater Hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFullMonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
Iam changing all the hoses under the hood since the car has been parked for several years. My question is the 3/4" hose from the top of the water pup to the heater core has a T in it with a 1/2" hose going to a fitting at the back of the intake manifold beside the distributor. Can I omit the T and use a brass plug in the intake or do I have to run the hose to it? I'm just trying to clean up the engine compartment a little bit.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
That 1/2" hose feeds coolant to the back of the manifold to improve circulation on a cold engine. I eliminated mine on my Camino 305 years ago with no ill effects. I don't drive it in the winter, so quick warmup isn't high on my priority list.

Bill

TheFullMonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
The other line out of the heater core 5/8" goes to a fitting at the front of the intake. I was guessing that 1/2" line was to feed warm coolant tothe back of the intake but wanted to ask first before I blocked it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor