Hello all from Scotia, Ny..newbie here just bought myself a 83 4 door Malibu with only 46,836 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome good find/price. Looks like an alcoholics car LOL The 94-96 Impala SS made more doors cool. IMO Just keep it sedate, no giant hood scoop, side exhaust, tires sticking out of the fenders. Back in the mid 90s Super Chevy magazine tested the Impala SS, and it beat the best Mustang Ford had then.

Reactions: 1 user

Twistedresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
Scotia, NY
Welcome good find/price. Looks like an alcoholics car LOL The 94-96 Impala SS made more doors cool. IMO Just keep it sedate, no giant hood scoop, side exhaust, tires sticking out of the fenders. Back in the mid 90s Super Chevy magazine tested the Impala SS, and it beat the best Mustang Ford had then.
Yeah no need for big tires,side exhaust or big hood scoop here ( its only a V6) now if it where a snotty V8 might be different lol but no not for this car she is going back to almost stock besides paint and little things like that. Dont get me wrong I love big ol meats out back!

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Don’t get me wrong, more power =more fun. I’d definitely put a strong V-8 in it. The 290 hp. Chevy 5.7 crate motor would almost triple the current power level @a good price.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Oh for sure...was thinking sometime down the road she will get a drivetrain upgrade
Getting that abused and neglected body back to REAL NICE is going to take a good bit of work and $$$. Hell primers and body filler are ridiculously priced these days.

Twistedresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
Scotia, NY
Getting that abused and neglected body back to REAL NICE is going to take a good bit of work and $$$. Hell primers and body filler are ridiculously priced these days.
Oh for sure, prices are crazy! I just need to find two doors and repair the rear quarter panel and fix a small dent then she will be in pretty good shape...but to be honest im just super stoked to have her!!

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I know the feeling. I was like that when I got my Elco in 12/16 . I’d spent a year looking for a wagon to do a project that I thought up in the 80s. So I bought a clean California Elco with 77,000 miles and made a 2 dr. wagon out of it. Alot of custom touches everywhere on the car, repeatedly draining and replenishing the bank account and problems with aftermarket parts have turned it into a LONG project.

Twistedresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
Scotia, NY
I know the feeling. I was like that when I got my Elco in 12/16 . I’d spent a year looking for a wagon to do a project that I thought up in the 80s. So I bought a clean California Elco with 77,000 miles and made a 2 dr. wagon out of it. Alot of custom touches everywhere on the car, repeatedly draining and replenishing the bank account and problems with aftermarket parts have turned it into a LONG project.
Oh thats gotta be badass! Yeah I hear ya on prices lol im trying to do this as a budget car for the time being, have a car in the shop now that I have money invested in, just gotta finish it and get paid lol

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Oh thats gotta be badass! Yeah I hear ya on prices lol im trying to do this as a budget car for the time being, have a car in the shop now that I have money invested in, just gotta finish it and get paid lol
You’ll more than likely find whatever ORIGINAL parts you need from forum members for a fair to really good price. Are your doors rusted or banged up?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah I hear ya on prices lol im trying to do this as a budget car...
Budget? Whats that? I've tried, failed, replanned a budget, failed again. I just work with what I have to play with at the time, try to sell the extras I bought forgetting I have that item. After 29 years of ownership I don't want to know what I have spent on engines, transmissions, sheet metal, trim, NOS parts, or shipping cost. But this is one of the best hobbies I have. It also proves I'm not right in the head either. ;)

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor