Hello all from Scotia, Ny..newbie here just bought myself a 83 4 door Malibu with only 46,836 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Budget? Whats that? I've tried, failed, replanned a budget, failed again. I just work with what I have to play with at the time, try to sell the extras I bought forgetting I have that item. After 29 years of ownership I don't want to know what I have spent on engines, transmissions, sheet metal, trim, NOS parts, or shipping cost. But this is one of the best hobbies I have. It also proves I'm not right in the head either. ;)
WE’RE ALL HERE CAUSE WE AINT ALL THERE!!!

Reactions: 2 users

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
15553be5f5515b177586d135f4008352.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ah, yes. I am carrying the burden of my car addiction around everywhere I go...one box of bits at a time. (It helps if you label them, by the way).

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Yeah crazy..im the 3rd owner, she has some small areas where the snow collects to repair and some garage damage, you know where the first owner rubbed along side the garage door frame and been using Dixie Restoration depot for all the rubber parts that dry rotted, love those guys!!
welcome to the site,dixie resto is a good source.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
How about a late-model Camaro V6 and manual transmission? 310 HP. Big mufflers so no one knows what's going on....

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Pontiac Bonneville sedan doors have the same sheetmetal profile...Malibus ended in 1983.

Twistedresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
Scotia, NY
You’ll more than likely find whatever ORIGINAL parts you need from forum members for a fair to really good price. Are your doors rusted or banged up?
Hey Doug...gotcha thanks for the heads up! The driver side front door is rusted on the bottom to the point the skin is separated from the door frame, so id love to find a good one. The passenger side rear is just banged up from scraping a garage door im assuming, so a skin would work and it needs the small vent window for that same door, some on busted out the window maybe locked keys in the car. I do have to repair the driver side rear quarter panel where the snow collects behind the tire..its rusted up maybe 4" and id have to do a trunk flop drop off...but otherwise she really is pretty good shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor