Hello from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Hey guys, I'm Andy from just north of Toronto Canada.
I have 2 toys, one of which is a G-body. It's a 78 Malibu coupe, I've owned it for 17 years. It's a drag strip only car at the moment but it's still in full street trim minus dot approved tires and heater hoses.
NewMalibulaunch.jpg

It's a 40 over 350, 487 gm castings, 2.02,1.60 valves, flat top pistons, 518/536,244/[email protected] solid flat tappet, Victor Jr, 750 Holley DP with a Proform air horn, 1 3/4 Schoenfeld headers, 3600 stall, th350, GN rear w/4:10's.
Ran a best time [email protected] last time out.

My summer driver is an 88 Iroc-Z 305 TPI, 5 speed, 4th gen rear end, custom exhaust and stereo, 2002C5 rims, lowering springs, Spohn tubular torque arm, lca's, adjustable panhard bar, 91 skirts and hood bumps, dash and trim.
889A0A57-AB27-459A-BCF3-704B1F3C0C3E-299-0000001E42A891E6.jpg

My wife wants to run it down the strip next summer.
It ran 15.5 when it was automatic with stock 16 inch wheels and tires.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Andy!
Cool rides... 8)

malibuandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks guys! Nice to be here.
I also run a series in the summer with a group called the OSCA. It's a index and heads up group here in Ontario, Canada. I run the 11.90 index, hoping to compete for a top finish next year. Need to shed a little weight off the car over the winter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Welcome and you have 2 nice rides. I noticed on your summer ride you have an adjustable panhard bar, does that mean you take it for a ride on a circle track? I've been to the circle track up at Cayuga but I won't take my GP there, vehicles go missing from there. I havn't been the drag track. How close are you to Mosport, we have one race there a season in the Lucas Oil Sportsman series.

malibuandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Hey pontiacgp, the adjustable panhard just allows me to centre the rear in the car properly. I don't do any racing with it but my wife wants to take it down the dragstrip next summer.

When I lived with my folks in the city, I went to Mosport quite a bit to watch the stock cars, never been on or seen the road course. I'm not sure how far I am from Mosport, it's been awhils since I've been there.

My location is Alliston for those of you who know the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor