Hello from Southeastern Saskatchewan 1986 Olds Cutlass Salon

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Welcome from MN!

The running boards must be a Sask thing. This has to be the 3rd car I have seen from a Sask member that has running boards.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Welcome from Seattle, Wa.
I picked up a power antenna at the wrecking yard a couple of months back. I had to unbolt the hood hinge, rear upper fender bolts, and the lower fender bolts, to pull the fender out enough to remove the antenna from it's mount. I might have been able to do it by removing the door, but I chose what I thought would be easier.
Actually I could have used my sawzall to cut it out of the fender, but I was not there to destroy the parts that I don't want.

Last edited:

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
WELCOME!!! Nice Olds! Glad to have you aboard! :)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Welcome from MN!

The running boards must be a Sask thing. This has to be the 3rd car I have seen from a Sask member that has running boards.
I have seen a few here, tons of gravel roads. Most of these cars have disappeared off the road here in the last 10 years.

Spud67

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2020
Welcome from Seattle, Wa.
I picked up a power antenna at the wrecking yard a couple of months back. I had to unbolt the hood hinge, rear upper fender bolts, and the lower fender bolts, to pull the fender out enough to remove the antenna from it's mount. I might have been able to do it by removing the door, but I chose what I thought would be easier.
Actually I could have used my sawzall to cut it out of the fender, but I was not there to destroy the parts that I don't want.
I have the new cable to fix the power antenna and just need to get the motor out so I can fix the one I have. The antenna motor runs well and reverses when the radio is turned on and off. The nylon cable inside the mast is broken and the antenna will not retract so I need to get the motor. I don't want to take apart half the passenger side fender just to do the antenna repair. At least it is broken and stuck in the up position so I do have radio reception. The picture is with the outer fender pulled out enough to get the motor out but the bolt head is on the engine compartment side of the inner fender and blocked by the air conditioning equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.JPG
    IMG_1664.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor