Hello from Southeastern Saskatchewan 1986 Olds Cutlass Salon

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I have the new cable to fix the power antenna and just need to get the motor out so I can fix the one I have. The antenna motor runs well and reverses when the radio is turned on and off. The nylon cable inside the mast is broken and the antenna will not retract so I need to get the motor. I don't want to take apart half the passenger side fender just to do the antenna repair. At least it is broken and stuck in the up position so I do have radio reception. The picture is with the outer fender pulled out enough to get the motor out but the bolt head is on the engine compartment side of the inner fender and blocked by the air conditioning equipment.
Yea, I don't recall if the vehicle I got my spare antenna from had a/c or not. Also, it was a '77 Cutlass, so possibly a little bit different than a g-body.
Side note: I got that antenna as both a spare, and as practice to remove one from my '79 Elky, which has a broken cable inside. Like your's, my motor operates, but will not raise/lower. Mine is in the down position.

Spud67

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2020
What does the “salon” package really mean? Is there salon Specific badges?
There is a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a grand national very helpful
Welcome from BC Canada ehh

The Cutlass Salon was the renamed version of the deluxe Cutlass Supreme, I just checked Wikipedia, I wasn't sure myself. There are some different badging on the roof pillar behind the doors as well on the inside of the doors.

The video of the guy working on the Grand National shows the mounting bolt going forward through the back side edge of the fender in the door opening. I have watched that one already. The mounting bolt on the Salon goes from the engine compartment side of the inner fender and is blocked by the air conditioning equipment. I don't want to take apart half the passenger side of the front end just to fix an antenna that is stuck in the up position. At least I can still use the radio with the antenna in the up position, other wise I would have no radio reception.

Thanks for the welcome. Stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122

Regalman08

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2015
Canada
The Cutlass Salon was the renamed version of the deluxe Cutlass Supreme, I just checked Wikipedia, I wasn't sure myself. There are some different badging on the roof pillar behind the doors as well on the inside of the doors.

The video of the guy working on the Grand National shows the mounting bolt going forward through the back side edge of the fender in the door opening. I have watched that one already. The mounting bolt on the Salon goes from the engine compartment side of the inner fender and is blocked by the air conditioning equipment. I don't want to take apart half the passenger side of the front end just to fix an antenna that is stuck in the up position. At least I can still use the radio with the antenna in the up position, other wise I would have no radio reception.

Thanks for the welcome. Stay safe.

oh ok then ya wasn’t sure haven’t actually seen a salon before in Person. Ok crap that sucks about your bolts in the wrong way.. sometimes it’s a lotta work for a tiny job but hey would feel good once it’s done. I’d just half pull the fender and go from there never mind that Ac box those things are a battle to get off without removing the whole inner/outter fender anyways

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor