Hello - new (old) guy here

L92 OLDS 2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2023
SW Michigan
Hello G-Body Community.

I’m new here but have been enjoying reading and learning the great info here on these incredible cars we all love.

By way of introduction - I’m the older brother of L92 OLDS who had frequented this forum for some time.
It is with great sadness that I inform you all that my brother succumbed to the cancer that he had for more than 2 years. He went to be with his Lord back in October of 2022, far to young. I've assumed a similar screen name here in his honor, me being '2'. I thanks those here who supported my brother during his illness as I know he shared this with you.

My brother's 442 (clone) build was one of his main passions. He spent most of his career in the automotive supply chain industry (interior plastic parts manufacturing) and the 442 was a project for years. It has culminated into a very unique and special G-Body build as some of you might know.
I am now the owner of this special car with plans to keep it in the family in memory of my brother.
I’ve been a car/truck guy like all of my brothers (3 of us), and had owned a G-Body back in the 80s. It was a very nice ’83 Cutlass Supreme which unfortunately I did not have the foresight back then to keep. I’m sure many here have similar stories.

My other brother currently has a very nice project Cutlass as well.

It’s my distinct pleasure to become a part of the community here, and plan to draw on your knowledge.
It's great to be a G-Body owner again!

• Sad
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Don't remember him bringing up tht he was sick. Sorry for you loss. Thanks for helping keeping his spirt alive here.

Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sincere condolences for your loss. But great to have you on board in his stead. I’m sure you’ll do his honour proud.
Welcome.

Reactions: 4 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Very sorry for your loss, my condolences. It sure looks like a nice car your brother put together! Your older brother’s too!

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sorry for your loss. Wow, didn't even know he was ailing. Glad you picked up the torch and carrying on. Welcome.

Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wow, sorry for your loss. Great that the car is in the family and will be for a long time though.

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, sorry for your loss. Some nice stuff that runs in the family

Reactions: 3 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Man thats a kick in the nuts. So sorry for your loss.
I dont remember him mentioning his sickness. But I do remember him being a great help with my project.
He pointed me in the direction of nylon lines and stainless fittings from caddys in the junkyard. And how to make a tool for putting it together. Saved me a bunch of time and money.
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the car your brother built and loved.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor