Hello New to the forum but not to Chevy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old ElCo Dude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2020
Hi I'm new to the forum but have owned a couple of Gbody's over the years.Too bad I never owned them when they were new. I joined because a friend of mine wants to put a manual trans in a
84 Big Block El Camino which is now a T400. I don't think I've ever seen one with a BBC and stickshift.Most of the Gbody's with BBC's swapped in,are all auto's.Does anyone have any information about any G-body cars with a manual trans swapped in ? Any information would be greatly appreciated.I hope it's OK to put this question here. Hoping to add some knowledge to the forum too.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Can be done, problem will be getting it to hold up. Saginaws are the only trans that came stock in a g body. They can't even handle a built sbc when driven hard. Muncie or T10 would be your best bet. Or go aftermarket with a Richmond or something. Mechanical linkage is all available, still have to find a bellhousing though. Hydraulic is preferred by many and eases the bellhousing issue since a wider range can be used. Mechanical bellhousings for g bodies are getting rough to find and the "common" ones can only fit a 10.4" clutch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome to a great forum , you will find many answers here.

Reactions: 1 user

Old ElCo Dude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for all the welcome's and reply's.
Would it be better to start a new thread specifically for the BBC and manual trans ? I see some members have that setup so I know that it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor