Help!! 18" and 20" combo on El Camino !!! ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2009
I have an 85 El Camino that want to run a 18x8 front and 20x10 combo on. Will these fit my g body? Backspacing on the wheels I found are FRONT:4 3/4 and REAR: 4 1/4. The tires are 255/35 zr 20's and 245/40 ZR 18 respectively. I am looking at lowering the car with the belltech kit also. What do you guys think? The wheels are a good deal, and i know they would look sick! but I need to make sure they fit before I order them. I have to let the guy know ASAP so please let me know! Thanks

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'm gonna say that this is not the greatest idea. If you want to lower it mildly, you can probably get away with 18's, but not 20's. Plus, expect to add another 20 feet or so to the 60-0 braking distance due to the excessive rotating mass. Also, 245 50 16's rub up front, going to a taller tire/wheel will only make that worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor