Help identify trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now I want some! Are there multiple indicators on each side?

As quoted from my Olds Cool build thread...

“Each indicator is split up into 3 sections, each section with its own color. White, blue, and amber. When the signal lights are activated, the amber section flashes, indicating the signal light is on. This also stays lit up when either the marker or headlights are turned on.
When you turn on the headlights, the white section lights up. When the high beams are activated, the blue section is illuminated. This is all done with fibre optics.”

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
As quoted from my Olds Cool build thread...

“Each indicator is split up into 3 sections, each section with its own color. White, blue, and amber. When the signal lights are activated, the amber section flashes, indicating the signal light is on. This also stays lit up when either the marker or headlights are turned on.
When you turn on the headlights, the white section lights up. When the high beams are activated, the blue section is illuminated. This is all done with fibre optics.”

I need to catch up on some "Olds Cool" btw. Thanks Donovan

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Also, the lamps also need to be set up for fiber optics themselves. I thought it was kind of stupid that they used 2 different part numbers for those with the f/o and those without at least early on, as it would have been just as easy to use the f/o spud connector on all the lens housings to begin with. It's interesting to note I have some NOS taillight housings I bought over the counter that had the little rubber spud connections for the f/o line. Even though the part number on the box says it wasn't for f/o. If you don't use the f/o set up, nobody would notice anyway.

On the Cutlass, it wasn't a very popular option as back in those days you didn't see very many cars with the setup. Maybe, and I only speculate due to my reasoning, is because of the rake of the fenders I would imagine- because it placed the monitors about 1/2 way up the fender line. I didn't like that look, so that's why when I ordered my 85 442, I loaded it up with everything EXCEPT the f/o monitor system and the block heater (not expected to be needed in SC). I'm still very glad I didn't get that option for my car, but that's only my take on it.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor