Help Needed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Mich,
If you do happen to go there, be careful and be safe. Nothing is worth getting hurt over. We're not youngsters anymore.
The liners that you're referring to, are they ones under the door panels? Those things are always brittle and break if you breathe on them wrong. I think mine are put together with duct tape. The thing is that they're molded, not flat, so you can't really duplicate them.
You know when I got my wagon about five years ago the previous owner said some offered to make him a set but didnt say who that was. But the ones on my car are mint. Wonder if someone out there can scan them and 3d print a set? Is that possible?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You know when I got my wagon about five years ago the previous owner said some offered to make him a set but didnt say who that was. But the ones on my car are mint. Wonder if someone out there can scan them and 3d print a set? Is that possible?
Tim,
If that was a last resort and if they can be 3D printed, that would certainly be an option. It could get expensive though. Over the years I've come across a clean 4-dr Cutlasses in the junkyard, never thinking to remove those liners. Now trying to find these cars is like non-existent.

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Tim,
If that was a last resort and if they can be 3D printed, that would certainly be an option. It could get expensive though. Over the years I've come across a clean 4-dr Cutlasses in the junkyard, never thinking to remove those liners. Now trying to find these cars is like non-existent.
I have a coworker friend who "scanned" one of my fillers and while it's slightly curled up, it's decent condition. However, I tried to have him fix the 3d model by straightening and it came out way too squared and not curved like stock, it wouldn't fit. Anyway, he is going to try again hopefully soon and I was going to update the forum at some point if it works out. I told him if he offers a good set for purchase online there are a lot of folks who need them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor