HELP Parts for power wing windows,olds to malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
Junkyard help please!! I need help fast before they are gone. The car is 78 oldsmobile cutlass cuiser with power everything. Do the power vents in the back doors intechange? My car is a 1983 malibu wagon.
The vents are 26.00 a peice or the complete doors for 49.00. My passanger front and rear door has a big dent across them.
I was planning on changing them out already but if the doors interchange I will buy all four of them as they are in great shape other than the outer scrapers. I dont have a/c so power windows need to be.

Thank you, Robert

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
doors are different. im sure you can use the wing windows though

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
As stated above, the doors are different, but the vent windows will work...they are all the same on wagons. Sedans are shorter/narrower.

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
Well if the doors are different I will just have to get the power wings out f them. Its too bad I didn't have the room because I would pull the little olds out of the junkyard for sure

rob.c1989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2012
If im not mistaken, i believe the vent windows are different too. the whole window frame on the wagon doors are taller than those of the sedan

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bob,
As the other gentlemen pointed out, the Cutlass Cruiser doors will not fit the lines of the Malibu. However, I would definitely grab the power vents and any wiring and switches connected to them. Even the power window (motors and) mechanisms, switches and wiring to convert to power windows.
Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor