help....think i blew a freeze plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicago2tacoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2010
When your broke down on da side of the highway waiting for a tow truck 9 times out of 10 a cop pulls up and starts asking questions and at the end they want to know if u have a licence....if he runs my plates its all over.......I continued to drive cuz I thought it was power steering fluid I had jus put the lines and belt on that day...my tail said the fluid was clear.....and all it did was pop the plug out da sender in the time I continued to drive I prob didn't even loose all my oil....the car died cuz of low oil pressur its not seized up its fine.....so pick the pantys out yer p*ssy and don't get bent out of shape because of my misfortune....I'm on here for solutions help and any wisdom people can give and am very appreciative.....but I don't need the extra WOOFN....tomarow ill fill up the oil put another bottle of comp cam break in lube in and it'll be fine......I do have 2 extra distributers what do I need to do to soak the engine in oil wit da oil pump???.......

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
chicago2tacoma said:
...so pick the pantys out yer p*ssy and don't get bent out of shape because of my misfortune....

your misfortune was caused by no other then yourself....if you have no licence then I take it you had no insurance. I suppose that would have been your misfortune again had you ended up in an accident that you had no coverage for. You need to think before you do things and a towing bill from point a to point b could have been the least costly. Those of us who are licenced and pay insurance get screwed if we have an accident with an uninsured driver who can't even afford a towing bill...

chicago2tacoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2010
I pay for classic car insurance every 6 months my licence jus isn't valid at the moment.... and I can afford to have my car towed back to chicago if I wanted....and I never said it was anyone elses fault I know it was my fault.....I don't know how all of this is being called into question.....I jus wanted peoples input on what the likely outcome was for my moter after that.....the next morning I figured it out for myself.....I would still like to know how to make the hollow distributer shaft thing listed above.....pontiacgp I don't know why yer riden dudes coat tails from above but you have givn me much usefull info and help and I've always appreciated it......its my fault and its my car if I would have blown it up I would have jus bought another 350 block and started over no big deal.....thank youz who posted usefull info......and if yer ever in tacoma make sure to com visit us at NORTHEND CLUB 420. (bring your perscription) best quality best prices biggest selection edibles and candy are available tinctures and honey oil for a limited time.....bud of the day---MK ULTRA-- yup were ****n legal

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
If there's anyone on here that hasn't driven a car without insurance, liscence, registration, inspection, outstanding warrants, intoxication, bald tires, no brakes, etc, please raise your hand. (Crickets). I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. As for the motor, do as suggested and oil the hell out of it and fire it up. Even if it's stuck, rock the crank until it loosens up. I had a motor fill with water during a hurricane and 4 cylinders were full to the carb. WD-40 and patience got it loose. A distributor gets cut down so a drill fits the top of the shaft and used to spin the oil pump.

chicago2tacoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2010
That's what I'm sayin....crickets lol....its not like id do it the same if I could go bak and its not froze up it turns by hand.....I didn't loose the oil completely so I should be fine.....jus installed oil pressure gauge where plug was and jus gotta get oil tomarrow and duels in a week cuz my muffler guys booked up and its finished for now.....if anyone has some 3.73 gears for a gm 7.5 rearend. Reply or message me wit a price will buy today......thanks

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The part i don't understand is if you had a plug in the port where the oil pressure sending unit is supposed to go, and you blew that out, it should have completely emptied the oil in a matter of a few minutes. It should have shot a stream of oil out and made one hell of a mess, and smoke would have been pouring out from under the hood.
Was the port the one at the back of the intake or the one down by the filter?

chicago2tacoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2010
I have a the sender in the back by da distributer..its like 2.5 inches tall kinda looks like the letter T......there was no smoke at all and I only drove for a matter of minets after it happnd so I should be fine I don't really understand it either...it didn't overheat at all my fan wasn't working the whole way either.....what r yer thoughts

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
chicago2tacoma said:
Ok let me rephrase I had a plug in the sending unit and the sending unit in the back of manifold by distributer

How did you have a plug in the sending unit? I'm assuming it was broke? If that is the case and you had just shoved something in there, then maybe the sending unit itself stopped it from leaking really bad.

What I was getting at before, is if there was nothing in that 1/8 npt hole in the block and you started the engine oil would shoot an easy 10ft in the air, that's how much oil would come outta that hole if it were unrestricted.

chicago2tacoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2010
Well I didn't have my gauge yet so I put a 7/16th brass plug into the hole on the sender instead of a coupler wit da ferrel and oil line in it...???...why's dat so weird....and I don't think I tightened it all the way so that's why it blew off......what I don't understand is my fan wasn't working the whole 15 miles and I didn't overheat I got a 180 thermastat and a huge radiator though and I was on da highway so there was a lot of air rushn through the engine bay.....but yeah the sender deffinatly restricted the oil I think a thin stream jus shot down the firewall no oil even got on da engine only where da numbers are stamped....crazy right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor