Help w/ backhalfing the Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
This is a question for people in the S. Jersey area.. .
I am looking to tub out the Regal, I have 33x21.5 -15 M/T Pro Street tires that I want to put under the car. I know that there are a few shops in the Southern NJ area that do type of work. Does anybody recommend anybody in my area to do this job without taking me for a ride? I know it's a custom job and I get what I pay for.. but this is strickly a street car that I would like to have the ProStreet look for cruising..
I know that there is guy in the Vineland area, Tony (Metal Crafts) Parsons, he is supposed to be the man in the area. I have heard of another old school guy that does it also located in the same area... any input or knowledge of these guys? I have a few Pro Street friends and they took them to different places. I want the car to sit nice and low, not too high and looking for some examples of others who have done the same. Once again, this is not going to be a Top Sportsman or race car.. it is going to be a street car with a mean look.. maybe once or twice at the track for some stress relief..

Once again any input would help me in my planning stages.

tntracecars

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2008
oswego illinois
can't help you with a chassis shop but im building a 1980 monte carlo for a customer. we went with a s&w rear frame section. i would never install a complete frame section again. no two cars are alike when it comes to the frame. customer was looking a my supply catalog and wanted it. i get most of my parts from S & W race cars. as for the 33 x 21.50 tires will only fit if you stretch the wheel well openings. we have 31x18.50 on this car and it just clears the front quarter panel lip. the rearend is in the stock centerline location. we are using 15 X 14 rims with 4 1/2" back spacing with a 24" wide frame.

here is a link to our build pictures: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/tntracecars/

be sure to check the "monte carlo" and "monte carlo 2" albums. they use to be in order but not any longer

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
This is one nice job.... I'm really not looking to get too extensive with a full cage.. just a back mini cage.. I don't think I will be bust into the 10's.. thanks for the link.. it help out alot.. It is the people like you that make this forum so valuable to the rest of the people...

Thanks!!
Tony

tntracecars said:
can't help you with a chassis shop but im building a 1980 monte carlo for a customer. we went with a s&w rear frame section. i would never install a complete frame section again. no two cars are alike when it comes to the frame. customer was looking a my supply catalog and wanted it. i get most of my parts from S & W race cars. as for the 33 x 21.50 tires will only fit if you stretch the wheel well openings. we have 31x18.50 on this car and it just clears the front quarter panel lip. the rearend is in the stock centerline location. we are using 15 X 14 rims with 4 1/2" back spacing with a 24" wide frame.

here is a link to our build pictures: http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/tntracecars/

be sure to check the "monte carlo" and "monte carlo 2" albums. they use to be in order but not any longer

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'm pretty sure you can get into the 10s without backhalving the car. If you want to save time, money, and the value of the car. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor