CUTLASS Help With Pulse/Delay Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don M.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Halifax, NS, Can
The part # all over the internet seems to be a Cardone 40-175 which views to be the same as mine except that it is missing the 2 terminal extentions that mate to the pulse board on my old cover - which I would need to use. The part I held in my hand at a local Auto Parts store seemed the same also but was rebuilt by someone other then Cardone, problem is if I buy it and it doesn't work it's electrical and can't be returned.

The part # on my old motor (if it means anything) is 20509452 it does NOT say AC Delco but the casting that the motor attaches to does say AC Delco.

I just thought that there would be someone somewhere that has bought the Cardone motor, installed the terminal ext. and found it worked or didn't work with the pulse wipers.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The part # all over the internet seems to be a Cardone 40-175 which views to be the same as mine except that it is missing the 2 terminal extentions that mate to the pulse board on my old cover - which I would need to use. The part I held in my hand at a local Auto Parts store seemed the same also but was rebuilt by someone other then Cardone, problem is if I buy it and it doesn't work it's electrical and can't be returned.

The part # on my old motor (if it means anything) is 20509452 it does NOT say AC Delco but the casting that the motor attaches to does say AC Delco.

I just thought that there would be someone somewhere that has bought the Cardone motor, installed the terminal ext. and found it worked or didn't work with the pulse wipers.

I was asking about the part number of the new unit you have.....why not buy the cardone motor that has the terminals you need instead of trying to make something work that is not made for your application.

Don M.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Halifax, NS, Can
Because the Cardone motor does NOT come with the terminals or the pulse board - I have to reuse my own. I just wanted to know if anyone had done this ands if in fact it works. I'll just pay my money and take my chances, been down this road many times over the years, it's just the older I get the broker I get and the worse it hurts.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was wondering what you meant about the terminal extensions. I had to take a look at my old wiper motor. I know what you mean now. They're two small pre-bent pieces of metal that push onto the female spade connectors to continue the circuit between the motor and pulse/delay circuit board.
You will need to reuse those connectors along with your circuit board. Not a big deal.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Because the Cardone motor does NOT come with the terminals or the pulse board - I have to reuse my own. I just wanted to know if anyone had done this ands if in fact it works. I'll just pay my money and take my chances, been down this road many times over the years, it's just the older I get the broker I get and the worse it hurts.

I have pulse wipers and when my motor stopped working I went to the parts store and ordered a wiper with the delay option. I unbolted the existing cuicit board and installed that onto the new motor and installed it in the GP. I didn't have to change anything, it was plug and play basically.

Don M.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Halifax, NS, Can
Exactly and any motor I can find for sale does NOT have these and I was just wondering if that meant it would NOT work with the pulse board. I>'m going to throw caution to the wind and order the Cardone from Summit, if it doesn't work with the pulse board I'll throw a switch on the dash - don't drive in the rain much anyway LOL.

Don M.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Halifax, NS, Can
I have pulse wipers and when my motor stopped working I went to the parts store and ordered a wiper with the delay option. I unbolted the existing cuicit board and installed that onto the new motor and installed it in the GP. I didn't have to change anything, it was plug and play basically.
So which parts store and what part #???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor