Help with wheel and tire size for 79 lemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannym

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2013
Hey guys, I was hoping somebody here could help me. I have a 79 Lemans with original pontiac rallye wheels off of my brothers 68 firebird. They are 14 inch wheels. I am trying to find out what the widest tire is that I can fit on the rear rim. Ive gone to a few tire places for guidance and they all look at me like i have 5 heads.

Does anybody here have any idea how big i can go on that wheel?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I don't know the backspacing of the Pontiac ralleys but I would assume since its a 14" wheel its probably only 6-7" wide. I would go with a 255/60 or maybe 275/60 depending on what the backspacing turns out to be. Welcome aboard by the way.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey, With 14 inch rims your options are limited. The widest I think is a 245/60/14 but at 25.5 inches its a small tire. I like a 225/70/14 on the rear and a 215/70/14 on the front. You could find a set of 15 inch Pontiac rallyes for the rear.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor