HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Stupid phone....here is the other pic when he put his core support plate back on.
2015051895194616.jpg

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Those wheels look sweet but I see how it would eat rubber being that low. I've got a new set of 17"s waiting for tires and it should sit nice without rubbing! However, I'm gonna have to lower my car even more. Mine currently has 1" Hotchkis drop springs but I put new urethane body mounts and it literally eliminated the drop which is how it sits in the pic below! I will check ride height when done and most likely will either be getting new springs or cutting mine.
That intake kit will help a ton. I had extra tubing left over from my kit so my brother n law got a carb hat and we fabbed up a kit for his 68 Camaro. Looks killer, the filters are hidden and it gets looks, but that Camaro has brought home some nice trophies before the intake upgrade. View attachment 55486 View attachment 55487
Wooh! That looks wicked cool. Nice ride. I'm looking at new springs, I've replaced a lot of the suspension. I think a sway bar, and drag link will help out, with a set of new springs. I've replace the worn body bushings with energy suspension bushings. Eventually, I'm going to restore, and put the rally cluster in. Beats that old sweeper needle.
20161007_084630-1.jpg 20161007_084512.jpg 20161007_084546-1.jpg 20140313_081502.jpg

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yeah that Camaro is pretty fun to drive, it's a pro street car so it has a ladder bar style rear setup on a narrowed 9"....tires are 18.5" wide.
On the intake topic....if you haven't looked at the specs....make sure the two air filters have enough cfm airflow to match or exceed the carb. They should but it's safe to know that way the engine doesn't run too rich or lean. I'm have a 1000cfm throttle body on my efi setup and the 2 kn filters combined are good for 1500 or 1600cfm.
20150410_021222.jpg

I love the factory rally cluster....mine had the sweeper as well. I already had several gauges before my body off started so I built a one off gauge panel out of aluminim, covered in real carbon fiber, that bolts right to the dash insert. I wanted it to look similar to the factory setup with a custom look. I put blue let's in them and it looks killer at night.
20150410_003827.jpg

Let us know how the converter selection process goes.
Scott

Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Yeah that Camaro is pretty fun to drive, it's a pro street car so it has a ladder bar style rear setup on a narrowed 9"....tires are 18.5" wide.
On the intake topic....if you haven't looked at the specs....make sure the two air filters have enough cfm airflow to match or exceed the carb. They should but it's safe to know that way the engine doesn't run too rich or lean. I'm have a 1000cfm throttle body on my efi setup and the 2 kn filters combined are good for 1500 or 1600cfm. View attachment 55495

I love the factory rally cluster....mine had the sweeper as well. I already had several gauges before my body off started so I built a one off gauge panel out of aluminim, covered in real carbon fiber, that bolts right to the dash insert. I wanted it to look similar to the factory setup with a custom look. I put blue let's in them and it looks killer at night.
View attachment 55496

Let us know how the converter selection process goes.
Scott
Sure I will let you know about the converter once I decide. I have to get someone with more experience to help with my selection of the air cleaner. I'm rebuilding a quadrant and I think it's a 800 cfm. I got it off my nephews Olds 403. I like the computer carb currently on the 307, but it won't work with the set up I'm going with.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Qu
Sure I will let you know about the converter once I decide. I have to get someone with more experience to help with my selection of the air cleaner. I'm rebuilding a quadrant and I think it's a 800 cfm. I got it off my nephews Olds 403. I like the computer carb currently on the 307, but it won't work with the set up I'm going with. Quadrajet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor