Here we go again 🙄

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Its a b*tch alright. The wife had it first part of november. Got pneumonia in both lungs and was basically down hard for an entire week. Didn't go to the hospital but probably should have a couple of times. My sister just tested positive for antibodies, but she's volunteering for the vaccine trials, so either she got the real vaccine and not the placebo or actually has/had the virus, who knows. Niece just got it again(!) for like the 3rd time...

...and with the new info about it being a thing as early as last December, we're pretty sure my daughter had it right after we got back from Japan, we were around enough Chinese tourists then anyway... and has had it like 3 times already. If I've had it I didn't know it, but its probable. Luckily I don't get out all that much but when I do, its mask on, bc any precaution is better than none. Is it foolproof? no, nothing is, short of eradicating it smallpox/polio style. I'll be lined up to get vaccinated whenever the gen. pop. gets that option.
My son in college thought he got it 3 times. All three times he was in close contact with people who tested positive within a day of contact, and he got fever and chills and was sick for 3 days. March, June and November. March was probably Flu, but his close contacts in June were from the East coast and his close contacts in November were from the west coast.

My Brother in law gave blood and tested positive for antibodies, but never knew he had it (but everyone in the house was sick).

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry for your loss. I’m so sick of the politics with this virus. Pennsylvania is so screwed up about the vaccine. I’m 66 and a smoker, I’m considered in the 1A group to get it. But can’t even get on a list for an appointment.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sorry for your loss. I’m so sick of the politics with this virus. Pennsylvania is so screwed up about the vaccine. I’m 66 and a smoker, I’m considered in the 1A group to get it. But can’t even get on a list for an appointment.
Just gotta keep tryin... I know every state is different (clusterf*ck) where a pile.of vaccine gets dumped to them and they distribute it according to their own system.

For us, I went through our health provider, 2 local 'approved' pharmacies, one hospital, county board of health, and the "health district"... eventually after about 3 weeks I got appointments for the wife and I.

it just took learning HOW this state decides to set things up. Also, it helps if you're in a lower population area.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

Keep smoking. Don't stop until Covid is over.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory, but Active smoking could protect you from Covid. There anecdotal evidence and current scientific studies looking into it. Covid is killing Ex smokers at a higher rate than current smokers. Nearly everyone in China smokes. There should be stacked bodies in the streets,

We all know Fauci would never tell you this.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yep, lost my mentor of sorts back in early December, and his long term girlfriend passed 4 days earlier.

Started at our house with wife (school teacher), then oldest daughter, me, and oldest's presumed fiance'. I got off pretty easy, fever for about 6 hours, little diarreah....wife had it much rougher. Luckily, everybody seems to be recovering well.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
My sister in laws nephew had Covid 4 months ago - no issue other than feeling like a bug for a day or two. Now he’s at Upstate Medical with some type of inflamed organ issue which we’ve been instructed is not uncommon in children post Covid - ICU and hoping to make it out and doubtful he’ll be back to normal ever if he does make it out.

WTF . Wear a mask, social distance, stay the **** home if you can.

Truly disheartening listening to a political windbag discussing a medical issue from a political standpoint. And people still support him???? Again WTF

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Keep smoking. Don't stop until Covid is over.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory, but Active smoking could protect you from Covid. There anecdotal evidence and current scientific studies looking into it. Covid is killing Ex smokers at a higher rate than current smokers. Nearly everyone in China smokes. There should be stacked bodies in the streets,

We all know Fauci would never tell you this.

Smoking is terrible and it directly results in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans per year... but Actual scientists (not politicians) are looking into the potential of Cigarettes reducing deaths from Covid.

These are facts. Not political spin or "sh*t"

And before this, hydroxychloroquine was the magic cure. Correlation does not equal causation.

Heck, it could be as simple as people didn't want to go near or stand near smokers because it's a disgusting habit that smells terrible, and other people don't want to breathe in all that poison.

We can posit as many hypothesis as we want that have zero to do with preventative benefits of inhaling mass doses of toxins.

My sister in laws nephew had Covid 4 months ago - no issue other than feeling like a bug for a day or two. Now he’s at Upstate Medical with some type of inflamed organ issue which we’ve been instructed is not uncommon in children post Covid - ICU and hoping to make it out and doubtful he’ll be back to normal ever if he does make it out.

WTF . Wear a mask, social distance, stay the **** home if you can.

Truly disheartening listening to a political windbag discussing a medical issue from a political standpoint. And people still support him???? Again WTF

Sorry to hear about the kid, hopefully he pulls through. The Red Sox had a pitcher whose heart had that swelling, he was bed bound and couldn't walk for months... BUT he's about to report to spring training and expected to start every 5th day.

Might be a good example for the kid to look up to as someone who went through a similar thing and is going on to good stuff.

Meanwhile, some people are being FORCED into going to work when safer alternatives are around - our teachers could work from home, were never trained or contemplated signing up to be front line medical danger workers. But here they are, being forced anyways.

I agree. If everyone stayed home and gave the benefit of the doubt just going along with the control measures for 6-8 weeks even if they don't believe, this thing couldn't survive as it is and would be licked.

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

The Cytokine release hyperinflamation is what is sickening/killing a lot of younger people and not the Covid itself. The problem is double blind peer reviewed studies take years to come up with therapies, and sick people could only have weeks.

Nearly every non-insurance Commercial on primetime TV is for an Autoimmune suppressant (Humira, Talz, etc. etc.) so big bucks are working on it, but it doesn't do much good for the people currently suffering.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor