heres a nice gbody....for those with money to burn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's a nice car and there has been a lot of nice work done to it but $25,000 for an unfinished project Cutlass that is not anything collectable (Hurst,442 etc) and using what I consider a run of the mill $4000 SBC crate engine with iron heads even further taking away any value this car would have.
After looking at his build I'm sure there is a ton of man hours into it but this is a hobby that you get into knowing that you can't put a lot of money and time into our cars and expect to get every last cent out of it if you decide to sell it, especially if you don't even finish it.
For this price I would have at least expected a more exotic drivetrain.
Also I'm not so sure you can legally list this on Ebay as a "NEW" car with only 1,500 miles.
Good luck with the sale!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
That means my FINISHED 1988 CSC with T-tops and a 455 is worth $30k, it's just as nice, has more power and was replaced with $17,000 in NOS parts, paint and motor.
I have all the receipts and it was done up just like that one ground up... paint, parts and all.
BTW I bought mine for $8k :lol:
He'd be luck to get $10k for it finished... especially with a plain jane run of the mill Chevy motor :?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
tc1959 said:
That's a butt load of money for a car that's not finished. :|
And has 75000 miles on it prior to the [unfinished] rebuild. Maybe if it was original 1500 miles but even then it would have to be finished. I don't understand, it looks like it's almost done, why not finish it then sell it and get a decent/acceptable price?

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
All good points, no sense of a re-hash.

How is the auto "semi-automatic" just b/c it has the Lightning Rods shifters? Maybe I should advertise mine as semi-auto & the ones with the dual-gate and mega-shifter as semi-autos as well :lol:

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I don't know why everyone feels the need to put down this guys car; while a Cutlass may not be something that goes for big bucks just yet, this guy obviously spent a lot of cash doing it right. There will be someone out there that picks it up eventually.

True, I would not be looking at selling a car I had that much cash in, but I don't know the situation either. Maybe they are forced to sell. Either way, I don't really see why people need to be so critical.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I see it less as criticism.....and more like advice.... and ever since the dawn of time, people have been criticizing others for selling their wares at a high price.....Im pretty confident about that.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
67rstbkt said:
I don't know why everyone feels the need to put down this guys car;
Who put down his car? If anything, everyone praised the work and parts that went into it.

As for criticism, people just stated that they thought the price was kinda high (with the exception of the sucks b*** comment).

67rstbkt said:
I don't see where he asked for advice?
He didn't, but then again, this is a discussion forum, isn't it?

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
454muscle said:
67rstbkt said:
I don't know why everyone feels the need to put down this guys car;
Who put down his car? If anything, everyone praised the work and parts that went into it.

As for criticism, people just stated that they thought the price was kinda high (with the exception of the sucks b*** comment).

The guy spent a ton of cash, selling the car at a loss, and you tell him it just isn't worth it? Just saying; that plus, he never asked for anyone's opinion on price. I like how people just jump in and start saying this is worth this much or that much. Fact is, it costs money to build a quality car. If I really wanted a Cutlass and was going to build it "all the way", picking up something like this would save me a ton of work and cash.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
oh He didnt ask for it........but the first amendment is a wonderful freedom.....ok, maybe advice isnt the right word...how about opinion... ? I hope he sells it...I think most of us do....just think he might be reaching a bit...thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor