• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Just my PERSONAL opinion,..... I know we have had issues with this awesome site running slow at times, and I have noticed TOO that some members have not been on here for YEARS!! Why not clean up some of these accounts that are taking up precious speed and memory from the site, and speed it up for the ones who are loyal, dedicated and take our G bodies seriously. BE GONE WITH THE DEAD BEATS!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Old accounts really do nothing to slow down the site in any way. Old threads are there because they show up in search results and bring in new visitors. I have in the past purged users that signed up but NEVER posted and have not been active in say 6 months. Just bc they're not returning and it frees up those usernames for people that might want to use them. If they posted even once I've left them alone bc their content is up here. It may or may not be valuable but its part of the site.

But its not like they have weight and drag the site down at all. Is the site acting up again? I thought maybe we jumped that hurdle at least a little bit. There's a couple of outstanding issues that I'm working on (changing user avatars being the BIG one right now)...

Plus we've had numerous people that have sold their G-body, spent literally years off the site, then get another one and come back. Lots of reasons not to delete old content and accounts.

Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Actually the site has been working outstandingly well! Thanks again for your attention to it. What you said makes sense, being part of the sites history, I just see a lot of people have been missing in action for years, taking up valuable space for the ones who actually use this site. people who actually appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor