heres my vin i cant get to any website in iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdpearson13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2007
iraq
All the websites i need to try to find out if this 1980 elcamino is a SS, what was the original engine size, what was the origal trans and rear end. if not a SS what kind is it and what was the orgiinal color. I would apprecaite any help all i have got is some picks and am very eager to drive it. Its not in the best shape but neither am I. I am thankful that atleast i can see this sight from here which baffles me how its possible ehen everything else is blocked all your help is appreciated thank you
Nick

VIN 1w80had400326

hdpearson13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2007
iraq
no itradedit while i am here i figured i couldnt lose but now i am finding all kind of little problems i didnt know of. but i still believe i am ahead i just learned the carb needed rebuilt, the front window is cracked the air cleaner got on fire from blowback doors dont work nothing reall big yet but i am not even home. still happy tried that website but it is blocked here like most web sites

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
You can't distinguish the transmission or rear from the VIN number, only the engine, body style, year and point of assembly:

The 1 = Chevrolet motor division
The W is series = Malibu/El Camino
The 80 = 2 door pickup delivery
H= engine 305 CI 4 barrel carb (if this is the original engine in the car)
A= build year 1980
D= assembly plant Doraville, GA
400326= sequential build number at plant

The axle code is on a tag on the differential itself, the transmission code is stamped on the transmission's governor cover.

-Mark-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor