Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FULL_MONTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2006
Middletown, N.Y.
Hey everyone, my name is Mike and i am 16. I was just looking around and found your site. After reading a bit i decided to join. Anyway here is my first g-body, which also happens to be my first car :D .
DSCN0447.jpg

It is a 88 monte carlo ls with a 305 v8. it is a great car, no rust runs great. get this it only had 49k miles on it when i found it. needless to say i instantly fell in love with it. the only gripe i really have with it is the paint. the color is fine but the job itself sucks. it has a really cheap 1 coat macco job on it. oh and don't worry, just because im 16 doesn't mean im going to hack the car apart and do a bunch of gaudy crap to it. ill mod it but only if it is simple and tasteful.

bananaMC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2006
Tacoma, Washington
I am very jealous. I love my monte but wish it was a euro clip car.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Thats a great car for a 16 year old! I'm impressed, it has a lot of potential! You have a really nice Monte :D

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Good to hear you are going to keep your wits about you and not desecrate such a nice Monte. I have found these folks to be among the nicest and most helpful when it comes to G-bodies. Welcome!!

FULL_MONTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2006
Middletown, N.Y.
yea thanks. the potential is definitely there and it's getting better slowly. it was practicly running on slicks when i found it (hasen't been maintained all that well) so i put new tires on it. as well as new disks and pads and new drums and shoes. still on my list are new shocks and a new exaust system because this one is almost gone. the after that i just need some misc stuff like weatherstripping in places and it will be pretty well set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor