What battery maintainer is everyone using?

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
After having to buy a new battery today as mine took a dump due to not being on a maintainer and parked for a bit...would like to pick one up. What you guys recommend. I have a great Schumacher charger...but no maintainer lol.
Is the Battery Tender Junior decent?

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I've used BTJ and it's done well. Even on glass mat batteries. NOT the full size ones though, they suck. For the money, you can't beat them. Sometimes you can get a cheesy one though. But overall, I'd not hesitate to buy a new one if I needed it.

CTEK makes very good ones, although a little more expensive. Really like mine.

• Agree

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
A cutoff switch works well too. I tried different battery tenders and had bad luck with all of them.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Battery in my Malibu is going on 4 years old. I drive it once or twice over the winter. If I don’t get to, I just charge it.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We have Battery Tender Juniors on my Dad's 62 Ford Galaxie, my brother's 78 Camaro Z28 and my 96 Buick Roadmaster. I have nothing but good to say about battery tender juniors.

• Agree

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I've been using CTek on two cars for over 10 years. These cars are not driven over the winter months (Oct - Apr). In my opinion they are really good battery maintainers.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have BTJ's on all my stuff, I bought the knock off stuff from Ebay for the shop just to have something on some stuff that doesn't get used much. Even they seem to work fine

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I like NOCO products. I use their solar chargers, battery chargers, and right now I have a Genius 2d hard wired charger/maintainer on the Bonnewagon. It is mounted on the inner fender. The car is covered up for the winter and plugged in to my shed.
GENIUS2D_FRONT_RENDER.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor