HID conversion kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedbroadss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 30, 2010
alright so, I've been looking at some HID kits, and honestly I have no idea how to get the right one.
Has anyone done this in the same gen as me? about how much money would this run me? I want my lights to look bluish, or extremely white. Right now I have hella bulbs, and they are SORTA white, but nothing compared to HIDs.

I've seen a few suspiciously cheap kits on sketchy websites, so right now I have no clue what I should be searching for.

Any help is much appreciated

The one that i have are like a bluish white. I got them from ebay about 3 years ago.

100_0014.jpg

A shot during the day.

100_0663.jpg

georgeathtx said:
do you have those hids converted to fit your glass housing...or did you buy the plastic headlights with the converted harness?

I had to order the housings from the Hella plant out of Germany. The reason i went Hella is because the lenses are alot cleaner than the cheap aftermarket ones and to me the Hellas are like european oem and they come with h4 bulbs. I only used the h4 bulbs for my highbeams(which i never use), the only downside was that they are expensive as hell. They were over $200.00 buck for all four housings and the h4 bulbs. They come as a kit and the hids were bought at a different time. As for the harness goes, i'm using the oem harness.

I know what you guys mean, i actually bought a pair at a time and that was a couple of years ago they might be cheaper now. I took a couple of close up pics today.

These housings just look so much clearer to me.

2010-05-12183512.jpg

2010-05-12183522.jpg

uneek1976 said:
I know what you guys mean, i actually bought a pair at a time and that was a couple of years ago they might be cheaper now. I took a couple of close up pics today.

These housings just look so much clearer to me.

2010-05-12183512.jpg

2010-05-12183522.jpg
hey guys i know of a place here in houston'tx who sell's the hid's and the glass housing for about 235.00 for the low beam and 235.00 for the high beams. its called kromedome1.com

uneek1976 said:
georgeathtx said:
do you have those hids converted to fit your glass housing...or did you buy the plastic headlights with the converted harness?

I had to order the housings from the Hella plant out of Germany. The reason i went Hella is because the lenses are alot cleaner than the cheap aftermarket ones and to me the Hellas are like european oem and they come with h4 bulbs. I only used the h4 bulbs for my highbeams(which i never use), the only downside was that they are expensive as hell. They were over $200.00 buck for all four housings and the h4 bulbs. They come as a kit and the hids were bought at a different time. As for the harness goes, i'm using the oem harness.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm still learning about these fancy dansy headlights. uneek1976 are those HID's or H4's (maybe they're the same, I'm still learning...)

Regardless, do you have parts numbers for the housings and bulbs? I need those in my daily (and nightly) driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor