HID conversion kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
86Cutlass383SR said:
uneek1976 said:
georgeathtx said:
do you have those hids converted to fit your glass housing...or did you buy the plastic headlights with the converted harness?

I had to order the housings from the Hella plant out of Germany. The reason i went Hella is because the lenses are alot cleaner than the cheap aftermarket ones and to me the Hellas are like european oem and they come with h4 bulbs. I only used the h4 bulbs for my highbeams(which i never use), the only downside was that they are expensive as hell. They were over $200.00 buck for all four housings and the h4 bulbs. They come as a kit and the hids were bought at a different time. As for the harness goes, i'm using the oem harness.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm still learning about these fancy dansy headlights. uneek1976 are those HID's or H4's (maybe they're the same, I'm still learning...)

Regardless, do you have parts numbers for the housings and bulbs? I need those in my daily (and nightly) driver!

The low beams are the HID bulb and the high beam is the h4 bulb. The part number for the housings is 008888101, thats the Hella part number and they come with a h4 bulb. The part number for the h4 bulb itself is 9003 or bp9003 and thats a Wagner part number. I don't have a part number or the HID bulb right now because they come in different color ranges. Hope this helps you out. I really do think that the Hella housings are alot cheaper now.

Thanks so much for that info !!!! I assume the HID bulbs are a direct replacement for the H4 bulbs then?

as long as you order the right one. most people just replace there low beams with HIDs, then rewire to turn low beams on with high beams...

86Cutlass383SR said:
Thanks so much for that info !!!! I assume the HID bulbs are a direct replacement for the H4 bulbs then?
Yes, but it would be a H4 style HID bulb.

Gotcha, I appreciate the info. I know one of the first upgrades my car's getting after I get it mobile again. 8)

I thought I'd seen that somewhere before... 😳

They say the memory is the first thing to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor