HID Headlight Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
My headlights just don't seem bright enough compared to other cars these days. I have the sylvania lights that we're pretty expensive and did brighten the road up, just for all the country roads i drive on they still don't light up the road as much as i would like. Do any of you guys know if they make a HID conversion for these lights. I've thought about trying to make one, just the reflectors would be a problem. Anybody know of a kit or something out for us g-body guys?

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Here are my lights, to me they don't work worth a dang on low beam(I am sure they need adjusted) but on high beam I could light up a ball field!!! Look around on Ebay, that is where I got mine.

235629729.jpg

235630455.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
check out www.yearone.com they have replacement headlight housings for holding the h4 or h2 bulbs whatever they are and sell the upgraded harness from the battery with fuses to keep from melting the stock harness

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
yes a relay harness is a best way to run upgraded lights.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
those are not HID though, those are just good halogen lights right? HID requires the ballast to get the high current to start the light (even though it uses less when running). And the stock wiring WILL melt unless you upgrade it. Those Ebay ones are okay but I have heard bad things from them. They leak and as stated the low beams are bad.

I suggest using silverstar lights. Their best set that look blue when on work awesome for me. low beams are still kinda weak but the high beams are really close to the H4 bulbs and do not fry the OEM wiring.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
yeah the link i posted are just to upgrade to the h4 bulbs like the new vehicles have. and yes upgrade wiring anytime a more powerful light is installed. (too much load leads to melted wires. what causes wires to melt is resistance. smaller gauge wires have more resistance therefore get hotter under loads.)

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i bought projector beams for my elco and purchased an hid conversion kit on craigslist for 110 bucks, havent had a problem and they look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor