Hid projectors bi xenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
Yes heat was a concern. The housing is some kind of fiberglass composite, and the lens is glass. The ballasts get pretty warm too. I got the second one installed this weekend. Wow, the high beams are intense. Also no one flashed their high beams at me. The low beam cut off is nice. They are not as nice as an oem projector, but for the price and drastic improvement in night visibility, they're worth it. The main issue is the H1 bulb and how it attaches to the base. Kind of a poor design, not very secure.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
Yes that is annoying. I meant nice in that there's a sharp cutoff, so I don't blind traffic. Its worth it for the high beams though. Can you adjust the rav 4 up a little bit?

Attachments

• 4F0EE582-1D22-45C5-BA42-9242AAD6FAC3.jpeg
    4F0EE582-1D22-45C5-BA42-9242AAD6FAC3.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 144

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yes that is annoying. I meant nice in that there's a sharp cutoff, so I don't blind traffic. Its worth it for the high beams though. Can you adjust the rav 4 up a little bit?
I don't touch that thing; she goes to the dealer. :rofl:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

g9s8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2018
I still don't understand this. I was driving the wife's RAV4 the other night, and the cutoff was driving me nuts that I couldn't see above it.
It does kind of suck at times but if you ever drive at night and someone has had a light change...as an example, the want to be HID conversions in traditional headlights, or the silverstar extra bright bulbs, and they are coming towards you, you appreciate the fact that the legit ones have cut offs. My *ss is getting more and more blind when I drive at night from all these damn lights shining too bright and too high of an angle.
Just my thoughts of course.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It does kind of suck at times but if you ever drive at night and someone has had a light change...as an example, the want to be HID conversions in traditional headlights, or the silverstar extra bright bulbs, and they are coming towards you, you appreciate the fact that the legit ones have cut offs. My *ss is getting more and more blind when I drive at night from all these damn lights shining too bright and too high of an angle.
Just my thoughts of course.

I have my bi xenon hi/lo and hid hi in Hella lenses that look similar to a seal beam, they have a cut off that angles up to the right to and does not affect any other drivers. The Hella lenses are king of pricey but you get what you pay for. Most places have laws that you are not permitted to alter headlights and I have known people get tickets for obvious alteration of the headlights in the car. Mine look pretty much like stock so I don't get bothered.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm sorry, but can't tell if a car coming at me has projectors or not. I'm calling BS on that. Overly bright bulbs are overly bright regardless of the lens. That being said, I love my OSRAM Nightbreakers in my Hella E-codes. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor