High intake with a spacer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your timing is set right, initial and total. Try a slower opening secondary spring too. I have the same issue on my Qjet due to no first gear and a leaking choke pull off allowing to quick of opening.

Does the engine just cut out and stall when you floor it or does it blubber and go? You carb isn't too big. 670 is just fine for a 350, assuming that is what you have. Especially the street avengers. That is what they are made for. Assuming everything else is in tune, timing, etc, I would be looking into the accelerator pump. Might be giving too much fuel or not enough when you floor it.

I have a similar issue but it only does it from the inside when I press the pedal, when I go do it manually from the carb it self no studder maybe I'm not pressing the pedal hard enough since on my daily driver it has a soft pedal.Or could be the spring or throttle cable.

My set up is a SBC 350 with a small cam. The block itself is the vortec 350. The intake is a summit stage 2 with the air tunnels in the bottom. The carb is a Holley 670 street avenger with nothing modified. I made sure that that everything was a match when we installed it. When the car is running, the fumes will run you out of the garage. I have tried adjusting the floats, air fuel mixture but I have not done anything to the jets or accelerator pump. From my research, the 670 should be perfect for my set up. I just put a stiffer spring in it and when I get some free time I will drive it and test.
On the electrical issue, I have done the fuse pulling test with the test light and found that the dome light fuse would make the light go dim. So I went through that series of relays and repaired them all, but the drain is still there. The only thing that I can think of is going through the main wiring harness... I am open for all suggestions that anyone has to offer...

If you are being chased away by your exhaust fumes ... it is definitely running too rich :idea: If its running that rich, that is your problem. It is dumping far too much fuel into your engine. You may need to end up installing an o2 sensor to get your air/fuel ratio correct. Be sure all vacuum ports are either routed to their correct place or capped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor