Holley 3" exhaust system-opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Looking to eventually upgrade the exhaust system on my '80 Malibu. Checking the Holley website, and I see that their 3" stainless exhaust kit is on sale now. Down to $658.76 from $813.95. Does anyone here have any experience with this system? How was the installation and fit? How does it sound? Looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

I installed the complete system on my car and would recommend it. Fit great and comes out behind the rear tire like the 442 had from the factory. I really like the band clamps

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Nice. Any install pics?

1544319829182.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I run a 2 1/4 true dual exhaust. with FlowTech "shorty" headers .modified crossmember .Flowmaster muffler no cats. And it passed emission at the time

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and opinions.
Anubis, thanks for posting the photo. That's a nice looking system. The rest of your car looks very good as well.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Wow!! Thanks!!

It looks like a great fit.

Did it require any trimming/modification? Or did it just slip right together?

The first time I installed it there were no issues and no trimming needed. Hooker did a great job with the bends and there is a lot of adjustability to get correct clearances. After the dyno pull I pulled the transmission for some work and in the process needed to use ratchet straps to align the system to the headers correctly. The band clamps are designed for ease of disassembly but some extra force was needed to get it together the second time around.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor