Holley terminator x autometer invision

rizo3506

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2014
I just got this autometer invision digital dash did anyone by experience struggle using it with Holley terminator and if not can anyone give me some advice on how to connect the engine sensors . Or if there is a canbus unit .sorry if it a stupid question learning as I go

Attachments

• IMG_6710.png
    IMG_6710.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 67

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Last I knew they were not compatible with each other. I believe I have seen a canbus adapter though. Unfortunately I don't remember who made it though :/

rizo3506

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2014
Last I knew they were not compatible with each other. I believe I have seen a canbus adapter though. Unfortunately I don't remember who made it though :/
Man that will help extremely , do you have an idea

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Think this is your ticket. But double check me!

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I just got this autometer invision digital dash did anyone by experience struggle using it with Holley terminator and if not can anyone give me some advice on how to connect the engine sensors . Or if there is a canbus unit .sorry if it a stupid question learning as I go
were you able to get this going? may be interested in the same

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
No idea about the canbus stuff but I think the simplest thing to do would be to run a second oil pressure and temp sensor so both the Holley and Invision to be happy. If the Invision used 5v signal based sensors you could tee of the output and feed it to both the Holley and the Invision but it looks like the Invision uses the resistance based sensors so that wouldn't work.

You could feed the Invision the tach signal from the Holley and if you're using trans control with the Holley (Terminator X Max or Dominator) it could give you a speedo signal. The normal terminator X doesn't do any trans control and won't even look at the speed signal out of the box.
Alternatively you could just use a Holley dash screen right?

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor