Holly linkage/Stock throttle bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
The Monte Carlo came out of Longmont Colorado. Started its life in New York City, traveled to Colorado and now is back in Western New York state.

I understand your concerns on header fitment. I have Hooker Super Comps on the 406 in the Black Monte Carlo and they needed 'massaging' to get the fit right. The new car has Hooker Competition headers (came on the car) and while the fit looks good , I can see they were "adjusted" in spots.
In the past I ran Dynomax brand headers on my 86 El Camino. Only issue was the collector on the passenger side pointed toward the transmission but was corrected with lots of heat and a long length of pipe.
I do believe both Summit and Jeg's store brand are made by Dynomax/ Cyclone. Keep in mind with long tube headers you also have to notch the driver side of the transmission crossmember for left side exhaust pipe clearance.

Bob S.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Bob you might just talk me into headers. but with lots of heat tools need bought.. I more used to slapping together CJs and VWs where parts are plentiful and cheap! i'll get it though! especially after i take the first test drive!

Attachments

• DSCN1821.JPG
    DSCN1821.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1991.JPG
    DSCN1991.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 211
  • DSCN0382.JPG
    DSCN0382.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor