Hooker Blackheart Exhaust (part# 70501364-RHKR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Wanted to let you all know about the exhaust I just installed on Michelle’s car. It's the Hooker Blackheart system (part# 70501364-RHKR). It is actually designed for a LS conversion but modified it a little to fit Michelle's car. I got the kit on sale for $658 + $450 for the install; $1100 for a full 304 stainless, 3", with mufflers (header back) is a deal as far as I'm concerned. Additionally, my exhaust shop was really impressed with the quality of the stainless and how well the kit fit the car. The only drawback is the mufflers, they're glass packs (which I’m not fond of). I'll replace them when they go bad. The only other issue/non-issue I had with the install was due to the anti-roll bar. Because of its location I was unable to use the provided exhaust tips. I say this was a non-issue because the “over the axle tubing” extends beyond the rear tire, and is clocked to direct exhaust away from the car (pictured).

The shop I used believed the kit could easily be modified to accommodate big block motors too.

I just wanted to let you know because sorting through all the BS can be a bit maddening.

I just checked Summit, price went back up to $732. Keep an eye out for when it goes on sale again, you won't be disappointed.

FYI... Summit charges truck freight for this kit, Jegs does not. Have Summit price match shipping if you purchase from them (I did).

gr9QDtj.jpg

NWwJsGJ.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks very much for posting your results. I've ordered one of these systems, and just waiting for delivery now.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Agreed it is a well designed exhaust for the money.

But, $450 for the install? Even at $100/hr it should not take 4.5hrs to install that exhaust even with the 9", coil-overs, and swaybar potentially in the way.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I don't call them glasspacks; glasspacks have louvers inside. If they're a perforated tube, straight through, it's the same design that has become popular these days and is used by Magnaflow, Pypes, Borla, and a few others I'm sure. I love them.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It sounds like he got exhaust work done at the shop in my town. Those are a straight through muffler but not a glass pack exactly. Swap them for Hooker Aerochamber mufflers, I can hardly wait to put them back on my 88 Cutlass.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well, if you want to split short n curlies, the cases we are looking at and referring to are more "chambers" as opposed to "tubes". Potato, potato, tomato, tomato.
I had a Gibson on my Silverado that was a large dual glasspack (by my definition) that had a nasty, raspy, crackle above 3000 rpm. I replaced it with a Maganflow which is a glasspack (by your definition), and it sounds beautiful- nice low rumble to throaty roar. That's what I'm basing my bias on.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor