*HORRIBLE SQUEAKING ON START UP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

80$BABY330

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2012
I HAVE A 1983 OLDS CUTLASS SEDAN W/ CHEVY S.B. 350. I HAVE A HORRIBLE SQEAKING COMING FROM PULLEY(S) WHEN I START UP, IT STOPS WHEN VOLT METER READS ABOUT 12.5-13 VOLTS. NEWER STARTER, NEW PLUGS CAP AND ROTOR, REBUILT 63 AMP ALTERNATOR. MOST TIMES WHEN I TURN ON HEADLIGHTS AT NIGHT OR WIPERS TURN SIGNALS RADIO OR ANY COMBINATION OF THOSE, SQUEAKING STARTS IMMEDIATELY AND VOLTS DROP BELOW 12.5 AND LIGHTS DIM. BLINK SPEED OF TURN SGNALS EVEN SLOWS DOWN! HELP, PLEASE HELP.

navarro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2011
see if its a pulley by spraying wd-40 on them. if it stops it pulley

80$BABY330

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2012
WD-40 WORKS FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS BUT DOSENT FIX THE VOLTAGE PROB, I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO BOTH

navarro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2011
80$BABY330 said:
WD-40 WORKS FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS BUT DOSENT FIX THE VOLTAGE PROB, I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO BOTH

you say u just put an alternator on is the belt slipping ?

navarro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2011
navarro said:
80$BABY330 said:

you say u just put an alternator on is the belt slipping ?
the wd- 40 is just to to where ur prob is.

80$BABY330

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2012
NEED TO FIND VIN ON BLOCK TO MATCH BELT PERFECTLY, PWR STEERING BELT DOSENT SEEM TO FIT 100%. WOULD BETTER FITTING BELTS AND A HIGHER AMP ALT FIX EVERYTHING? FORGOT TO MENTION IT REALLY ACTS UP WHEN IM TURNING THROUGH LIGHTS, SO IM PRETTY SURE ITS PWR STEER BELT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor