horsepower guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
pillability said:
thanks alot ill definitley invest in some better heads soon since im not in a rush i can save up money and go for something good. any other tips would be greatly appreciated. and hah i didnt wanna buy desktop dyno or any dyno simulators just cause i knew i could get some good answers on here instead.

Desktop Dyno is still a good investment to buy if you build engines every once in a while. You can get on there and change variables with your combo to see how parts effect it before you go buy something else.

Are you running headers? Have you considered investing in roller tip rockers? Are you running points or HEI ignition?

pillability

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
i am running hooker headers, i do plan on investing in roller tip rockers im interested in the comp cam ultra gold rockers, and im running an msd streetfire hei distributor. with the desktop dyno if i get the chance to buy one ill go for it but if i have money that needs to be used elsewhere itll have to wait. it is on my list of things to eventually get though.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
You will really like those rockers. I run them on my race car. Now that I'm getting more and more info about your set up if you throw on some better heads I believe you'll be around 350 horsepower range. How much are you looking to spend tops on heads? If I can get an idea of the budget I could help you figure out what the best head for the price would be.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
FYI, I put a set of RHS Vortec heads on a old 4-bolt 350 with flattops and a XE262H Comp cam, 725 Holley and it made 372 hp and 422 tq, and I think he could have squeezed a little more out of it but he had so much trouble with the vacuum diaphragm on the carb. What a fantastic street motor that was.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
pillability said:
thanks alot ill definitley invest in some better heads soon since im not in a rush i can save up money and go for something good. any other tips would be greatly appreciated. and hah i didnt wanna buy desktop dyno or any dyno simulators just cause i knew i could get some good answers on here instead.

If you give me complete detailed engine specs I can whip up a graph on desktop dyno if you'd like.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
pillability said:

If you give me complete detailed engine specs I can whip up a graph on desktop dyno if you'd like.

Can I take you up on that offer lol?

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
MPac said:
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
pillability said:

Can I take you up on that offer lol?

Absolutely! I'm not an expert at using this program, but then again its not that hard. Here is a list of the stuff I need...

Displacement
Type of cylinder heads
Valve size
Compression ratio
Carburetor size
manifold type
type of headers
camshaft and lifter type
very very detailed cam specs (lift, IVO BTDC, EVO BBDC, IVC ABDC, EVC ATDC

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
MPac said:
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
Absolutely! I'm not an expert at using this program, but then again its not that hard. Here is a list of the stuff I need...

Displacement
Type of cylinder heads
Valve size
Compression ratio
Carburetor size
manifold type
type of headers
camshaft and lifter type

Displacement 350
Type of cylinder heads Cast iron World Products S/R Torque heads 170cc intake runner 67cc chambers
Valve size 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
Compression ratio 9.7:1
Carburetor size edelbrock 650 cfm
manifold type aluminum
type of headers Flowtech 1 5/8 inch long tubes
camshaft and lifter type Hydralic

lift: .390 intake .410 exhaust
IVO BTDC: 28 degrees
EVO BBC: 78 degrees
IVC ABDC: 72 degrees
EVC ATDC: 30 degrees
duration: 280/288
overlap: 58 degrees

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
MPac said:
Displacement 350
Type of cylinder heads Cast iron World Products S/R Torque heads 170cc intake runner 67cc chambers
Valve size 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
Compression ratio 9.7:1
Carburetor size edelbrock 650 cfm
manifold type aluminum
type of headers Flowtech 1 5/8 inch long tubes
camshaft and lifter type Hydralic

lift: .390 intake .410 exhaust
IVO BTDC: 28 degrees
EVO BBC: 78 degrees
IVC ABDC: 72 degrees
EVC ATDC: 30 degrees
duration: 280/288
overlap: 58 degrees
330hp/360tq flywheel. Probably a decent street motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor