How bad is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Hey everyone! Like the title says, how bad is this? I'm going to be looking at this car to potentially purchase and this is the only rust spot that I know of. For my price point I know I can't get a 100% perfect car, so I'm just wondering how much time/money you think this would take to get right. Just an fyi - I WILL be painting this car (if I buy it) so I guess factor that out of the equation if possible. Just looking for some suggestions about the body work for around the window. Also if you think I should completely steer clear of this one, let me know! The people on the this forum are very knowledgeable and I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Attachments

• Monte pic.jpg
    Monte pic.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 161

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Hard to tell. Looks like a possible repaint over a rusty window channel. Or it’s a stock rusty window. Either way there’s rust, and with rust I always assume the worst.
I have an 05 Sierra. This summer I had rust spot half the size of a penny, today my rockers are like tissue paper.

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
With it showing signs of a (poor) repaint it could be a result of poor prep work. If possible try to lift the gasket seal if/when you look at the car to see if there is more rust.

Reactions: 1 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Could be salvageable, could not be. I dealt with both on mine, ended up replacing the upper window channel.
When you go to paint, take all the lead out of the seams, some nasty stuff works it’s way under there.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor