How do i get the back seat out of my 86 Monte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xminnis

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
Kansas City, Missouri
i got off the bottom part of the seat but i cant get the back off is it bolted in somewhere i cant see or does it just pop out somehow? Im taking it out so i can find i place to run the RCA cable for my amp to the trunk along the drivers side, i found a really small hole for the power and remote wire on the pass. side but im not sure the RCA would fit through that size hole if there even is one on the driver side.

The back of the seat is bolted on at the seat belt mounts below it (there are tabs that extend down). You are going to need a bg star socket to get it out. Once you remove those bolts, you just push back and lift and it should come right out.

save yourself some headache and put the torx bit in the bolt and tap on it with a hammer before you try to turn it, trust me it helps

When i bought my monte the owner before me had like 4 - 12" subs and he ran the power wire the same way. Obviously he didnt know how the get the seat out either cause he bent the crap out of it. It leans forward like 3 inches on one side, i tried to straiten it but no luck

The torx head on these bolts actually have a special socket, and are almost required if the bolts were as stubborn as mine were. The points are rounded, where as a torx has more of a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor