How many people actually drive their gbodies daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

preciador6

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2012
California
This is my daily driver 1988 monte carlo ss

Attachments

• IMAG0546.jpg
    IMAG0546.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 656

79CMC

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Chickenbone said:
79CMC said:
....I know that if someone t-boned me, I'd probably go to jail for manslaughter after the ensuing road rage...

Which was my exact point in my original post. I may travel down that road again as I can't seem to find any S-10's or Rangers at decent prices. There is an Elky and an '80 Monte Carlo that I am eyeing. I can only see this leading to tears :cry:

Chickenbone

Meh I've mentally prepared myself for the situation so I'm not completely crushed in the off chance it happens. I kind of "write off" my car as a hobby: the cost of parts, cost of gas, cost of time. Some people spend their money on guns, their yard, or kids without any real return. I don't do any of those things (yet). So basically, the car is a "sunk cost" and something meant to be enjoyed guilt-free. I mean, I already spent the money, and I get tons of compliments and interest, from friends and strangers alike.

But no promises if the guy who runs into me is an ******* about it...

somethin_random

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Blake442 said:
somethin_random said:
I drive my Monte daily but it kills on gas. I'm going to try and find me a nice V6 Cutlass or Regal when I get the money.

Prepare to be disappointed...
My V6 Buick wagon actually got worse mileage than my V8 Malibu wagon.
They're so under powered that they have to work much harder to get up to speed...

That sucks... I wonder if a different V6 would make a difference, maybe a 3.1 or 3.4 assuming I could do a swap like that.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Mine is usually a daily driver, it's just had a rough past 2 years lol. But should be back on the road in a few days. Up until now I drove it all year long. Was really good in the snow. I have anti-hop/lift bars on the rear, and REALLY good tires. With no weight in the trunk I only got it stuck twice. Once was because I drove into a snow drift, the other was because one of my front brakes froze (was -35 without the windchill) and I was in a parking lot that was solid ice. But other than that, it plowed through snow that was 2'+ deep with no problems. With the new engine and transmission I don't plan on driving in winter. But it will be on the road right up until the first snowfall everyday.

421702_10150518851136423_554071422_9092089_1263129691_n.jpg

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
i try to limmit my driving to the week ends as 400 cubes eats a lot of gas.
but do take it on long trips even longer when i get the 700r4 in

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
mkube396 said:
Would you happen to have any profile shots of your monte. I looked in your gallery but I would like to get a better view of the gta wheels on your ride. I am tinking of getting these for my monte as alternates while I have my bbs wheels redone.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
I did until the 307 crapped out. So i've got it in the garage putting in work. Once it's done it'll be a daily again.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
lsx80monte said:
mkube396 said:
Would you happen to have any profile shots of your monte. I looked in your gallery but I would like to get a better view of the gta wheels on your ride. I am tinking of getting these for my monte as alternates while I have my bbs wheels redone.

i dont but i can get you 1 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor