How much do they settle? S10 springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Hi guys.. I just completed putting back together the front end using new s10 4cylinder front springs from Moog.

How much can i expect them to drop when they settle?

Nevermind the inner fenders missing. They come back on in a jiffy. I just couldnt wait to see how low it had become.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 199

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Damn.. I'd hate to cut a coil.. Tires are a bit small though. Changing to bigger sidewall tires will probably be the way to go..

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Moog 5658 with a rubber isolator on top.. They were a pain to get in there. They'd probably be perfect if my tires were bigger.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My friend installed the #5658's in his Cutlass Cruiser wagon. He hasn't driven the car since, so I can't get a true report on how much the springs have settled...if any.
From what I can ascertain, it should drop the car from 1/4 -1/2"

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure about the 5658 but the other moog 5660 coil for an S 10 drops 2" for every 1/4 coil cut.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
I'd think the 5658 would be the same. Im just not a fan of cutting springs.. You often end up cutting too much and the spring changes character when cut shorter.. I think i wil drive around a little and see what happens. Hopefully they'll settle a full inch although i doubt it:)

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
I'd think the 5658 would be the same. Im just not a fan of cutting springs.. You often end up cutting too much and the spring changes character when cut shorter.. I think i wil drive around a little and see what happens. Hopefully they'll settle a full inch although i doubt it:)
I atlest have to ride around and check it's road manners.. If good, i will change to a bigger tire. If too soft, maybe i will cut them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor