How much does it weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to differ, my '80 Grand Am with Pontiac V8, ac, ps, pb, no power windows or locks, buckets and console with 17" Boyd's Smoothie II's weighed 3340 lbs with roughly 1/2 tank of gas. That was on truck scales at the MD State Police weigh station.

My current '85 442 with T-tops, and power everything weighs closer to 3650 lbs however. :mrgreen:

Randy_W said:
I have to differ, my '80 Grand Am with Pontiac V8, ac, ps, pb, no power windows or locks, buckets and console with 17" Boyd's Smoothie II's weighed 3340 lbs with roughly 1/2 tank of gas. That was on truck scales at the MD State Police weigh station.

Yep, so with a full tank of gas it would be closer to 3400lbs.

400lbs is still a FAR cry from 3000lbs.

I was just saying they aren't all 3700-3800 lbs as someone said. :wink:

Randy_W said:
I was just saying they aren't all 3700-3800 lbs as someone said. :wink:
Like i said, his car weighed in mid 3300, but it has had weight removed from every spot you can think of.

Just to "weigh" in on the subject, haha. My 78' Malibu weighed 3260 with just the ac/heat box removed and an aluminum radiator. It was a sbc with aluminum heads but the mini-blower closely offsets the weight reduction from the heads.

Well, mine was basically stock weight wise and it was 3340.

Are you guys using CAT scales, longacre, or what? I know some scales will vary close to 200 pounds. I've seen it happen.

My El Camino was from out of state when I bought it. To get plates I had to get it weighed (this happened over 20 years ago!). The trucklet came from the factory with 229 V-6, 3-speed manual trans., cloth bench seat, and AM radio. It weighs 3154lbs.

Doug

G- bodies that aren't loaded with extra stuff are not very heavy for their size. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor