How much does it weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with all the weight I have taken out of mine (i thought anyway) It still tips the scales at 3250

mine weighs around 3100lbs, its pretty bare bones and a lot of fiberglass. 2700lbs is extremely light for these cars, almost hard to believe without fiberglass doors/body/lexan windows etc. It could probably be done though.

the stock 307 is very heavy. Mine weighed in under 3000 lbs without front end/hood/bumpers etc last summer. Its gained about 100-150 lbs since then

if I had to guess these cars average weight are 3500-3600 lbs stock. bout the same as a mustang

Old thread, but what the heck.
My first '80 Regal with iron head sbc weighed 3380 w/full tank of gas w/o driver. Still had a/c box but no comp, lines or condenser.

My Brougham interior car weighed 3780 with me in it. That means 3550 without driver and spare tire etc. Quite a few guys have have claimed another 100 pounds over my weight. There is a reason people race those ugly 80's Mustangs, light and cheap with better factory power plants.

wow... am I going to post up being the first one to post up an under 3k weight.

my car is at 2940

Only got a fiberglass hood. full interior. no heat or ac though.

i don't know about my gp weight but i know 350egine+350tranmission +starter+alternator+manifolds+waterpump weights 320kg

GhettoRacingKid said:

my car is at 2940

Not doubting you at all but how is that even possible??

My Cutlass has a fiberglass hood, other than that it's all steel and all factory glass.
But I've got all the normal weight saving things done, door bars out, no insulation, no heater/ac box, aluminum headed small block chevy, powerglide trans bumper braces cut out, etc. etc...... PLUS lightweight disc brakes all the way around, PLUS chromoly spindles and a arms on the front. Even have an aluminum drive shaft.
Full interior, the back seat doesn't really weigh anything anyway, the front seats are kinda heavy though. And a full cage which I'm sure adds weight. I'm not sure where I can even take another 200 pounds or so out of mine without really gutting it. Which I'm not gonna do......
I've even got any wiring that isn't necessary removed.
How can I get mine to 2900????????

Chris Van said:
GhettoRacingKid said:

my car is at 2940

Not doubting you at all but how is that even possible??

My Cutlass has a fiberglass hood, other than that it's all steel and all factory glass.
But I've got all the normal weight saving things done, door bars out, no insulation, no heater/ac box, aluminum headed small block chevy, powerglide trans bumper braces cut out, etc. etc...... PLUS lightweight disc brakes all the way around, PLUS chromoly spindles and a arms on the front. Even have an aluminum drive shaft.
Full interior, the back seat doesn't really weigh anything anyway, the front seats are kinda heavy though. And a full cage which I'm sure adds weight. I'm not sure where I can even take another 200 pounds or so out of mine without really gutting it. Which I'm not gonna do......
I've even got any wiring that isn't necessary removed.
How can I get mine to 2900????????

Not sure how some are taking the weight off.....My heavily optioned 86' 442 still weighs 3650 after putting an aluminum hood and front / rear bumpers with supports. It doesn't help though that things like the GNX cross brace, front blazer brake upgrade, rear disk brakes, GP cross bar and rear frame brace all add weight. If my car was only 2900 lbs, I would likely be running 11's. It's really not that important for me since I don't want to have to put a roll bar in it and the car scares the wife as it is. A new Camaro still weighs 3850 lbs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor