How to get vents out of a dash panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
I'm confused I though you had to take the whole dash out to replace the lights??? does the woodgrain piece seperate from the dash? I'm worried about having take out the whole dash because my lights are out :(
The woodgrain piece is held in by 3 screws at the top. Once you get the screws out, pull the top towards you, and lift up alittle bit to slide the bottom out. The little screws in the actual woodgrain part are just for show and serve no purpose whatsoever so you will have to remove the entire gauge bezel. Its actually very easy. But as the lights go, I dont have experience working on these, just customizing :mrgreen:

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
-83MONTESS- said:
86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
I'm confused I though you had to take the whole dash out to replace the lights??? does the woodgrain piece seperate from the dash? I'm worried about having take out the whole dash because my lights are out :(
The woodgrain piece is held in by 3 screws at the top. Once you get the screws out, pull the top towards you, and lift up alittle bit to slide the bottom out. The little screws in the actual woodgrain part are just for show and serve no purpose whatsoever so you will have to remove the entire gauge bezel. Its actually very easy. But as the lights go, I dont have experience working on these, just customizing :mrgreen:
Co Sign but their maybe a few screws in the bottom of the wood grain as well.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
BIGBrandon2785 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
Co Sign but their maybe a few screws in the bottom of the wood grain as well.
There wasnt in mine. Just the 3 up top and then 2 little "pegs" that slide into the bottom below the radio. Be careful because the parts where the screws go through on the bezel itself are notorious for breaking off and then you lose a way of mounting it. In every junkyard I go to they are snapped off :x

dirtdooly

n00b
May 24, 2013
Does anyone know where I can get a bezel from. I have a 86 Pontiac Grand Prix and I'm looking for a dash bezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor